Just a bit of encouragement

Options
Just a bit of encouragement for everyone today. Non-scale victories.

In October, I flew to NJ and the walk through the airport terminal in Atlanta almost killed me!!! OMG...sweating profusely, lagging behind, thought I was going to miss my flight. I could hardly look down and help my daughter when we were seated. We flew back up there this past week and I felt so much better (have lost about 60 lbs)!!! Yes, I'm still morbidly obese and have a LONG way to go, but the walk was easier, I still had to get an extender, but I could move more.

I love getting up to dance silly when my daughter grabs my hands and says "Dance Mommy."

I "found" a pair of jeans in my closet that I had to pack away - they are Wal-Mart elastic waist size 26/28 and I can wear them now without cutting off my circulation.

We have to stick to these changes - they will improve our QUALITY of life.

Replies

• CherishQuick
    Options
    Easily one of the best stories! Kudos and continue to be victorious!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Lovely NSV. I know air travel can be hard.
  • katieqp
    Options
    awesome! what a great "real" way to notice the difference you've made already!
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    I LOVE your story! Airports can be difficult! You are doing a great job!!!!! So happy for you!
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! Thanks for your story.....it always helps to motivate me.
  • kristinaw1967
    Options
    60 lbs ~ yay you!
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. So glad that you are noticing a change and motivating yourself to continue on this journey. I know that it can get difficult, but we can do it. Your motivation (daughter) is also your biggest motivator!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Congrats and continued success on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Enjoying real life is the reward here! Keep up the good work. You are an awesome mommy!
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! And thank you for sharing your inspiring nsv :happy:
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. Not only are you benefiting from your sucess but your daughter is too :flowerforyou:
  • SuZQz173
    Options
    That's the ticket--realizing that victory.

Quality of life is precious! So are you fro sharing. Way to go
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment. I needed to read this today as my scale isn't moving no matter what I do so I am feeling very defeated today. Your story reminded me to never give up. Thanks and keep up the great work! :)
  • mawie228
    mawie228 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    great inspiration and continue your good job :)
  • brandylynnjudd
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Looking at your photo I can see you are a very beautiful lady! Your looks and health will only improve with weight loss! Good Luck!
  • kmromero1254
    kmromero1254 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you keep it up!!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Loved your story and thank you for the encouragement, you are doing great!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's wonderful that you can dance with your daughter now.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love me some airport NSVs! Looking forward to having some of my own someday.

Keep up the amazing progress!
  • felela1
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!