Today's Doctor's appointment

Options
Holton
Holton Posts: 1,018
I had my annual (ok, it has been 2 years) physical today inclusive of blood work. Having lost over 30 pounds since January I am thrilled to report that my cholesterol dropped a full 30 points, which puts me in the overall good bracket NOW!!!. The good cholesterol (HDL) increased by 20 points, the bad cholesterol (LDL) dropped by 40 points, and my triglycerides dropped 53 points! Losing weight, feeling better, and smaller clothes have been my tangible benefits, but this really speaks to me about what I have truly accomplished toward a healthier life! Just wanted to share..........

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This is one of the BEST NVS's I've ever read :) That's an amazing thing you've done for your body :)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    WoW!! Thats amazing news.. way to go!! Congratz for sticking with it

Lookin better both on the inside and outside :)
  • PhabPhilo
    PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!!! Congratulations! Keep up the great work :drinker:
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    Congradulations! Keep up the amazing work your doing. It's competely an insperation to me that I might be able to say the same in the future. Great Job!
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Congratulations!! What I wonderful feeling that must be to feel healthier and know that you really are healthier!! Keep up the amazing work!!:happy:
  • inspiration78
    Options
    Congrats! That is so awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news.....even better to share it with us. This way we can all be aware of all the not so obvious benefits we are reaping from the changes we have been making. :flowerforyou:
    Here's to a healthier you!! :drinker:
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    wow that's inspiring! I've lost 29 lbs since January and I'm supposed to go for bloodwork soon to check lipids and my thyroid level. I am on synthroid and they are checking to see if I'm taking the right dosage. My cholesterol was on the high side of normal and my good cholesterol was a little low and the bad a little high. I've been putting off going for the bloodwork but you've inspired me to get in and get it checked so that I can see how I've changed. I'm positive it will be better. Now to see just how much!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! You are a rolemodel for all of us. You are doing this for the right reasons and it is paying off! Keep up the great work my dear! You are totally worth it! I am so stinkin proud of you! :heart:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Congratulations. Very inspiring.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,650 Member
    Options
    That's pretty darned fabulous. You should be proud of yourself.
  • fietsdebbie
    fietsdebbie Posts: 37
    Options
    I bet that made you and your doctor happy! I'm sure they enjoy success stories as do their patients! :)
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    Thats fantastic news :happy:
  • katie54321
    katie54321 Posts: 18
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! Fabulous job cardio queen! Well done and congratulations:happy:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Holton, you are an inspiration to us all. I don't even think most people realize how detrimental their LDL levels are, but you do and you are raising your HDL levels. Friend me, YOU are an inspiration to me!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    YES!! Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!