One Year...One Dress.. 10kg down 10kg to go

Options
Ok so looking through everyones super inspirational posts gave me the courage to share mine aswell!

2011/2012... the year of highs and many lows, i packed up and moved to the coast with my son... my first time moving away from close friends and my parents who were always there to help out, add to that a breakup and let the emotional rollercoaster begin. I felt alone, and with bad anxitey and depression i lent on my friends to pep myself up, that lead to bad habits and binge drinking... and with that came the weight gain. Looking back at pictures now, i cringe! i'm so dissappointed that i didn't take better care of myself.

Mid 2012 i had hit rock bottom emotionally, my fathers health scare, returning back injury and the overall joys of being a single parent took its toll, something needed to give! so Instead of reverting back to the partying and the need to be surrounded by people, i took some well needed "Me" time, and came back stronger than ever. With help from a nutrionist i started eating clean and began training and boxing regulary. As the weight came off and my fitness returned so did my self esteem.

Giving myself a positive outlook and a new attitude i am ready to continue along my way. Although after having a few stumbles already for 2013, i am determined to make this my year... HAPPY AND HEALTHY :)

Before pics are from my brothers wedding last January and Current pics are from today, wearing the same dress.

oneyearonedress.jpg

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    beautiful! congrats!!!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well done you - you look amazing!

I use my hubby's favourite dress to judge progress - when I can do up all the buttons I'll be the size I want.:happy: (At the moment 3 don't meet:cry: )
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look incredible - what a great success story after such a miserable year - hope life is getting better for you x
  • Pennyae
    Pennyae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love the dress :) you look great!
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have conquered so much adversity, and have risen above it all. You certainly inspire me. It is so easy to turn to comfort foods and curl up and do nothing when times get tough. It's as if the hard times motivated you more! I say you get that dress altered to fit your amazing new figure! Thanks for sharing your success...I'm more motivated now than ever!! :happy:
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You rock! Way to go!! You've inspired me! :smile:
  • NicoleS107
    NicoleS107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Forget the dress - you are so darn pretty in all the pics!

32554763.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good work! keep it up!

Now find a proper sized version of that dress for the next update!
  • Neets086
    Options
    Thank you all :flowerforyou:

hmmm i will defiently look into getting it altered... Have only worn it once, seems like waste haha
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look wonderful! Great job!
  • esti1423
    esti1423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! And, yes, have the dress altered. I just had a skirt taken in and it was so much fun watching the seamstress in the mirror pinning away ALL that fabric.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Definitely get it altered. I bought a nice dress last year which will hopefully be too big by summer - I fit is, I will have smaller dresses to fit into but I'd rather have it altered to fit than put it in the wardrobe "in case" I get fat again. This is IT - once the weight comes fof it stays off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!