Insanity and calories

Options
Good morning Fitness family,
I come to you with a question. I have started insanity and according to their guide, my caloric intake should be somewhere in the 2k range, however, i have decided to stick with the Fitnesspal goal of 1630. My body seems to be doing OK and I am not really hungry, however, i am wondering if i am shooting myself in the foot here or stunting my potential weight loss.

I know that not eating enough can make your body hold on to weight but i don't really see the need to eat that much more. Any suggestions, concerns, recommendations? I welcome all feedback!

Replies

• romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've just finished insanity and my calorie goal was 1525 plus I ate back all the calories I burnt so I was eating about 2000 a day. Overall I lost 18lb. I can't say if I would have lost more if I had eaten less but I was happy with my 2lb a week loss.
  • semi75
    Options
    After a few days or a week you will know if you need to update your intake because the energy level won't be there. I am on recovery week now and I adjust my intake to meet demand. There were days when I was eating only 1300-1500 cals and I needed to up it. Adding more protein seemed to help me more than anything with muscle recovery.

The main thing to note is fitness pal intake doesn't take into consideration exercise past you normal daily activity so if you add in your workout and ate back those calories you are essentially the same amount (2k) or close. Make sense?