Um Yeah, So I've Hit a Plateau. GRRR

Options
I'm at 228. Loss of 87 pounds since I started. Have only lost 1 pound since December 17th. Had a couple of cheat days with Christmas but nothing that should have set me back. I've been working out, eating correctly and only lost 1 stinking pound! This past week I have increased to two cardio sessions a day for a total of 1.5 hours of cardio. I do a little weights but I want to focus more on weights once I get the rest of my weight off. I'm a little dissapointed at only a one pound loss in over a month but I'm still determined.

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, I hit a plateau in November and finally broke it recently. It sure can play with your mind, I tried many different things to try to break it and in the end the only thing that worked was just waiting it out. It seems like it takes forever, but it will pass.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you logging your food? I looked at your Food Diary and there is nothing logged.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you logging your food? I looked at your Food Diary and there is nothing logged.

I don't like logging food and I won't do that the rest of my life. I don't want to count calories forever. I stopped a while back after my eating habits changed. I know around about estimate of how many calories I get a day, 1500 - 1800 although I try not to allow myself to go over 1700. I eat moderately. I stop when I feel satisfied and I don't stuff myself. There is a possible chance that I may not be getting enough calories but I am moderately sure I am getting just the right amount. I know, I know, logging would be certain, but I just don't want to do it.

I'm very active. 1.5 hours of cardio per day broken up into twice a day. I give myself 1 rest day... Usually. I haven't started lifting yet. I probably should be but I am waiting until I hit a specific goal of mine. Despite not doing weights I have quite a bit of muscle in my legs and arms. Not as much in my arms as I'd like but definitely more there than I think should be there since I don't lift. I will OCCASIONALLY do the arm weights at the gym but not often. I have really muscular legs. I bike at a very high intensity and do a lot of squats and lunges.

I am not sure why I only lost 1 pound within that time frame of a little over a month but whatever I did last week I think may have possibly broken it. I lost 3 pounds. If I have another loss this coming Monday I will conclude I've broken the plateau.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options

I don't like logging food and I won't do that the rest of my life. I don't want to count calories forever. I stopped a while back after my eating habits changed. I know around about estimate of how many calories I get a day, 1500 - 1800 although I try not to allow myself to go over 1700. I eat moderately. I stop when I feel satisfied and I don't stuff myself. There is a possible chance that I may not be getting enough calories but I am moderately sure I am getting just the right amount. I know, I know, logging would be certain, but I just don't want to do it.

I'm very active. 1.5 hours of cardio per day broken up into twice a day. I give myself 1 rest day... Usually. I haven't started lifting yet. I probably should be but I am waiting until I hit a specific goal of mine. Despite not doing weights I have quite a bit of muscle in my legs and arms. Not as much in my arms as I'd like but definitely more there than I think should be there since I don't lift. I will OCCASIONALLY do the arm weights at the gym but not often. I have really muscular legs. I bike at a very high intensity and do a lot of squats and lunges.

I am not sure why I only lost 1 pound within that time frame of a little over a month but whatever I did last week I think may have possibly broken it. I lost 3 pounds. If I have another loss this coming Monday I will conclude I've broken the plateau.

Okay, well, good luck with that approach. It is extremely easy to underestimate when you aren't logging.