Stay at home wives

Options
Was wondering what your daily schedule looked like and how u keep from snacking all day? My house isnt very big so it doesnt take long to clean.So that leaves me with about ten hours a day of free time til the fiance gets home from farmin..So whats yalls secret?

Replies

• luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym!!! Or a run :))
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Do you have any hobbies? I'm not a SAHW, but I could think of a few ways to fill that much time. Can you volunteer at a charity to keep you busy?
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    I am not a stay-at-home wife, but my first recommendation would be to get out and do something. Join a book club. Volunteer with the homeless in your community [there is at least one, somewhere], or cleaning up parks, or at the hospital or library. Read. Educate yourself. Take classes at the local YMCA. Improve your being.

You're on this Earth for a very short time, and like me and everyone else, eventually, you are forgettable. So do your best to create a lasting impression and be remembered for a few decades longer than you would sitting at home playing Call of Duty.
  • All those things sound very nice but i live in a small town with one convienient store and maybe a population of 20 lol..I live in the middle of farm land..at least an hour away from civilization so u can imagine the gas situation..but oh how nice it would be to do some of those things lol
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Go help your fiance farm. Go outside and walk. Ride a bike. Get a job. Take online classes. If you really want to get up and out to do something you'll figure it out. I would be batsh!t crazy if I had to stay home everyday.
  • luvsyoga
    Options
    Learn to quilt? I did that when my kids were small.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have kids, they'll keep you busy..lol!!
  • luvsyoga
    Options
    :laugh: I'd say bake..... but that's how I got overweight!! :laugh:
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    Go on an adventure [in a book]. If you aren't well-read, become well-read. Use some of that gas to get you to the library, get a library card [it's free], and rent as many books as you can. I could make you a list, if you'd like. It will make you a more interesting person, and will always give you something new to talk about when you run out of things to say to the other nineteen people at the school board meetings.

Get a friend. Or a dog. Sounds like you could use some company. With this friend, clean up the side of the road near your farm. Or start a hobby project. Build a fence or something. Or learn to stain glass. Pinterest was built for you stay-at-home wives.

I'd still be quite surprised if there wasn't a church or a school in your area. They are always looking for folks to run bake sales or make sandwiches for the homeless in the area or run blood drives or whatever.

Get off MyFitnessPal or Facebook and do something. Being a land baron in Farmville only takes you so far in life.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was going to say have kids, too. lol.

Honestly I just had to stop doing it. I didn't do anything to distract me from stopping, I just had to STOP. I do keep pretty busy, but I also have a 6 and 2 year old! Do you have any hobbies? I very highly suggest shutting off the tv for a period of time every day if you're in the habit of watching a lot. The second I sit down and watch something, I start eating. :)
  • Alraines1
    Alraines1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You could consider starting a vegetable or flower garden. This would be beneficial to you in as far as eating well (I believe your hubby would be able to offer pointers and suggestions for best growth). You could commit to growing the fruits and/or vegetables that you like to eat. I am a stay at home wife but am kept busy with working out and with homeschooling my son. Go for long bike rides and get to know your neighbors even if they are on the next farm. I agree with the idea of reading. Go to the library once a week and pick up a few books. I usually grab 3-4 books per week at 250+pages. I try to get a couple things I am interested in and I try to get a couple things that peak my interest or teach something new. After I work out and shower, I like to curl up with a good book and read for a couple of hours before getting started with making dinner. Another suggestions would be to start a hobby or take on some small home improvement jobs (building a shelf, clearing out the garage, cleaning closets, build a spice rack, etc). I get antsy sometimes and move furniture around. I find that a job like that can take upwards of 6 hours depending on the room size and furniture.
  • doodlebug7531
    Options
    I'm a SAHW and live in the country as well. My schedule varies from day to day. I'll get up in the am and do one my Jillian videos. Then will do whatever cleaning I need to do. We are thinking about moving, so lately I've been going thru all the closets...yuck! My parents live about a mile away so some days I'll walk over and visit for a bit. Then usually head to the gym for cardio. Sometimes I'll read, prep meals, put on some music and dance (truely the only place I'll ever do it unless I'm a bit inebriated lol) and then sometimes I'll just have that day that I wanna veg for awhile in front of the tv for an hour or so. The summer months are much better because then I can always find things to do outside. I've already started planning for the garden and what flowers I'm gonna plant this spring. Hope this helps a bit :)
  • anneshirl
    anneshirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sweet Adeline, and singing keeps you young. since Nov. 5th I have lost 15 lbs., wow am I ever happy, I also go walking at the mall, about 3 times a week, shop at big retail stores so I can walk.
  • thank you all for the replies..yall have given me some good ideas..i especially like the planning a garden one so a big thank you for that one! i will def be trying some of the ideas! except having kids..lol we have four between the two of us..thanks again!
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Like others said take classes, go hiking, take up some hobbies, volunteer somewhere.....