Which calorie burn count should I log into my diary?

Options
Hey pals,

Quick question: do I log in calorie burn count from both a bodymedia and hrm? Or do I choose only one of two to log? I'm confused and want to make sure I'm not inputing an excessive calorie burn ... Thanks!

Replies

• lornaloo3
    Options
    Definitely not both! They're monitoring the same body doing the same excercises, so doubling up would be logging the same thing twice. The HRM is more accurate for logging specific burn. Your bodymedia logs all movement, most of which will me included in your origional settings of sedentary (or lightly active etc). HRM is the additional excercise you want to log and monitor for progress.

I'd use the bodymedia to decide which activity category I fall in on days I don't deliberately excercise.
  • CDrealME
    CDrealME Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Makes more sense now. I'll just put in notes what my workout was for that as record-keeping.Thanks again :-)
  • juwiebe
    Options
    Actually if you link you account with Bodymedia it will automatically enter the amount of exercise. MFP calculates a base line for the calories you need to intake (based on the data you entered for height, weight, age) and will only add data from you Bodymedia if it exceeds what MFP calculated you would burn. It will also make negative adjustments if you are inactive and the projections were too high for the day.

I've been using it for a while now and it's working great!