Bummer.... LOL

Options
amk44
amk44 Posts: 159
Got all psyched because I had lost enough weight to get into a size 8 and I had gotten a fresh new hairdo, so I drove out to a niece's graduation from a community college that was a 4 HOUR drive from here.

Although pictures were taken and the guests were very few in number, I never made it into any of the photos!!!!!! I'm finally a size that would love to be "caught on camera", and no one did me the honors!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :happy: The 4 hour return trip by myself in the pouring rain in busy traffic didn't help my mood any.... But at least the graduate came to me as I was leaving and told me thanks for coming.

Don't get me wrong! I still think it was wonderful that she was able to work, take care of a family, and pass the courses required for her nursing program - and I was glad to provide support by attending her graduation, but I (albeit, selfishly) would love to have been considered photo worthy. Oh well, there's another graduation the end of May..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!!!!!!!

Replies

• oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    :laugh:
    I love it. Thanks for making me smile.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is a bummer! Maybe you can get in a pic or two during the next graduation. Just kinda sneak into a couple shots. :smile: Congratulations on your weight loss and your new hairdo.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You gotta jump in there and demand some photo attention!! Run up to the grad and say "Hey, we have to get a pic together before I go!!" or run over to whoever is manning the camera and say, "get a pic of us all together on the special day!!" If you wait for the camera to catch you, you could be waiting a while. Don't be afraid to seek it out and document the heck out of your hot self!!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    carrie - LOL - :laugh: I'm going to do just that at the NEXT party!!! :laugh: And you bet I was dressed up to the hilt, too!!!!

Maybe I'll bring my own camera to the next party and ask someone to take a picture of me with the grad and then Photoshop her out of it... LOLOLOLOL :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sekopwols
    sekopwols Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had those moments.....moments with my friends though...they would take pictures and i would see them posted weeks later and wonder why I wasnt in them.....then it came to me ...I really didnt put an effort into being in them(because i didnt feel like having the added ten pounds on me) or I didn't have a camera and tell someone to take a picture. :) Well there are easy solutions, Either do like the lady above said and jump in a few or bring your own camera and have other people take the pictures with you in them :) ....so next graduation do both...have a big smile and get in a few pics and have someone take a few of you also....and keep up the good work....