Weight Loss and /or health & Chronic Pain / Illness

Options
Hello!

I'm very supportive and am looking for mutually supportive friends of any age or sex who are trying to lose weight and/or keep healthy while coping with chronic pain / Illness.

Some days/weeks I am unable to do any exercise (or even basic tasks), but when I am I do low impact exercise.

I have joined some great groups on here as well. :smile:

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I understand I have Sciatica, which is when the main nerve in my spine is pinched and causes immobile pain at times. Although is getting better since i've been working out for like 21/2 months. Welcome.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have Lyme Disease so I'm quite familiar with working through chronic pain and illness. Feel free to add me if you'd like. And good luck! Just because we're a little down, doesn't mean we can't do this!!! :-D
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    http://supplement-geek.com/anatabloc-anatabine-inflammation-review/comment-page-1/#comments

Just wondering if you heard of this supplement. It is getting excellent user comments on amazon and I looked for it as a subject on mfp to inquire if anyone has had any good results with it. There is nothing on mfp. Going through the comments from users on the above site and amazon I have been flip flopping as to whether or not I want to try it.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: honey, i suffer from chronic back pain due to spinal stenosis & advanced degenerated disc disease after a bad car accident in 1998. i am disabled due to that accident. i have had a lot of steroid injections to help with the pain but that in turn caused a lot of others health problems. i would love to send you a friend request which is on it's way!
  • danityree
    Options
    I have Rhumatoid Arthritis, I understand struggles associated with pain and weight loss. I'm determined to show my RA who's boss!! Lol, add me if you'd like to be my friend. :) Good luck!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know your pain! I have stage 4 bone diease in BOTH knees. I am having my left knee replaced in a few weeks and the right one soone after ( i'm only 26) It can be a real struggle as I sometimes too can barley make it up and down the stairs.
    Feel free to add :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic illness called POTS- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. If you want to learn more here is a basic info: http://www.dinet.org/pots_an_overview.htm.

I know that losing weight will not take away my symptoms but it will make them more manageable. Because of my condition I suffer from high heart rate when standing, passing out, light headed, brain fog, forgetfulness, severe head aches, chest pain, and many others.
    I would love to make some friends that know the challenge of living with a chronic condition!
  • _Brighid_
    Options
    Thank you for the requests and adds thus far!

http://supplement-geek.com/anatabloc-anatabine-inflammation-review/comment-page-1/#comments

Just wondering if you heard of this supplement. It is getting excellent user comments on amazon and I looked for it as a subject on mfp to inquire if anyone has had any good results with it. There is nothing on mfp. Going through the comments from users on the above site and amazon I have been flip flopping as to whether or not I want to try it.

I am not familiar with the product. Hopfully someone else can answer that for you. :)