binged :(

Options
So i binged yesterday!! and pretty much doubled the amount of calories i need. i have an intake of 1200 and ate around 2500 !!!! :( so i am burning about 1000 calories from excercise today and only eating 800 calories today to help. think this will put me back on track?? I AM PRAYING IT DOES! thanks

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    So i binged yesterday!! and pretty much doubled the amount of calories i need. i have an intake of 1200 and ate around 2500 !!!! :( so i am burning about 1000 calories from excercise today and only eating 800 calories today to help. think this will put me back on track?? I AM PRAYING IT DOES! thanks
    Binge or not, 800 cals is NOT enough for your body anyday of the week. Yesterday you may have gone over but today your cals are from today, you can't bank em' and you don't have to minus them out from previous days.

Extra workout time is fine without be excessive. Simply pick yourself up and eat healthy today so tomorrow doesn't turn into another binge from not eating enough cals today. Getting plenty of water in today will also help. Your body needs the amount allotted by MFP each day, it really does. Eat well today and you'll likely be able to be right on track tomorrow and to finish out the day.

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercising are you doing that would burn 1000 calories?
  • aznikigirl21
    Options
    Don't skimp on the calories today because of yesterday. Yesterday is over & done with and you need today's 1200 to keep you moving and healthy.
    It's only 1 day. Exercise, eat right, drink lots of water and move on. Don't dwell, it just makes you feel worse. :)
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    I did the elliptical for 90 minutes and the 30 day shred. Later today, I am going for a 2 mile run
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Don't eat less than the 1200, just don't eat your exercise calories today. If you are set up to loose 2 pounds per week then you would have only gone slightly over your maintenance calories for the day, so instead of taking 1 week to loose the goal amount it should be 1 week plus 1 day and a bit.
  • steveoreno45
    Options
    Sounds like you are going to ride the calorie roller coaster like I do! Don't do it! If you binge one day, and then try to cut calories the next, the following day you are setting yourself up to binge again because you are so hungry! Slow and steady wins the race is what I am told.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it really. My calorie goal each day is 1300. I went to The Ballpark in Arlington (baseball) and had TWO hot dogs, a giant soft prezel, Nutter Butter, snow cone...I mean I really went for it and you know what? I STILL lost my 2lbs for that week. I think I just jump started my metabolism. I wouldn't sweat it. Get back to your normal intake for today and you will be fine.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Regular binging followed by deprivation is a full on eating disorder. Accept your mistake, work out today and eat well, 1200 minimum for proper organ functioning and enjoy the days you eat too much and not punish yourself for them – you have a lot of life to live, enjoy it once and a while.

In the future, take a step back when you feel a binge coming on, are you binging because you are starving (which is probably the case, you are only 19, you need 1600 calories minimum a day) or are sad? Then you can change your weight-loss plan to increase the amount of good calories, how you eat (late at night, many meals etc.) or how you workout.

It’s important to have a nice treat day but don’t binge. Its much more enjoyable to have ice cream and a burger with friends then eating left over crackers, cereal, old easter chocolate or whatever else you find in your house.

I have a tendency to over do it on cereal (all-bran is my love – so mushy!) by 500 calories once and a while because I’m hungry. 1200 calories isn’t enough for me burning 2200 a day and I need to improve that and I’m 27, you definitely need more calories. See, I’m by far perfect so please, don’t continue in this behaviour, we want you to be well.

Check out your daily requirements here, BMR for children http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
  • thisemmabites
    thisemmabites Posts: 117
    Options
    oh! no! Don't do that! We all binge occasionally. I am definitely a binge eater, but the next day I leave the binge in the past. I still lose my weight and it makes me realize that yesterday doesn't make a difference. If I pick myself up and get back on track I will continue to lose. Don't punish yourself for being human.
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I think it just makes me feel better to punish myself for the mistakes I made, like overeating. I feel horrible about myself every time I binge. I just wish I knew before I binge that I will feel disgusted with myself afterwards. UGH!!