Blenders and other helpful appliances

Options
What would be the best to get? I would like one with the cups but not sure how they functioned, if they would leak or not.

Replies

• Naynayjones
    Naynayjones Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you are looking for but I bought a nutribullet and love it. You throw any veggies, fruits, yogurt, water or juice in it and drink away!
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    I have a big ol' Cusinart commercial blender, and it's awesome, but it's heavy and LOUD. I find myself most often using my Ninja. I got the one with the food chopper cup and the pitcher, and both are indispensable to me, because it's lighter, quieter, and takes the place of the food processor, too (in most cases).

But here is your public service announcement: blender blades are pretty dull, because they're relying on their weight and the power of the motor -- the Ninja's blades are light and VERY sharp, and you could potentially ruin a lovely smoothie because you reached in to retrieve some of the extra frozen pineapple you accidentally dumped in there and slid the tip of your right index finger along the edge of the blade, nearly resulting in a trip to your friendly neighborhood Urgent Care. Not that this happened (just in case my mom is hearing this telepathically). I'm just saying its possible. :)
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ah maybe that is it the bullet. I'm the only one that will be drinking the shakes so I wanted to get something that I wouldn't have a lot left over.

LOL I remember the old big ones those were great monsters! Worked the best : )
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Our NutriBullet is awesome. My wife uses local honey as a sweetener and to help us with allergies.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I also have the Nutri-bullet! =) It is made by the Magic-bullet people but it has a bigger motor. I think the Magic-Bullet has a 250 watt and the Nutri-bullet has a 600 watt motor. It grinds up everything. LOL I love it! I make all kinds of shakes with several different fruits, veggies, and powders.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have an immersion blender, which in my opinion is more useful.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have ALL of those things...I'm an appliance junkie....and all are useful. The one I'm using the most these days is my ninja pro...it has a smallish food processor bowl and three smoothie cups. Love it!
  • missjanetleigh
    Options
    I have ALL of those things...I'm an appliance junkie....and all are useful. The one I'm using the most these days is my ninja pro...it has a smallish food processor bowl and three smoothie cups. Love it!

LOL I could easily be this too! Thank y'all for all the option ideas!
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja.
  • missjanetleigh
    Options
    did y'all get your Nutribullet from the official site?

http://www.nutribullet.com/index.php?r=site/howitworks
  • missjanetleigh
    Options
    Just ordered the Nutribullet :)
  • Mane1972
    Mane1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love my NutriBullet, too!