Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes

Options

Replies

• brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already suggested this, but Stephanie O'Dea's book, "Make it fast, cook it slow" has a ton of great slow cooker ideas, as does her blog. http://stephanieodea.com/

She's great - she also posted an entire year's worth of recipes when she used her crockpot daily for a full year: Excellent recipes

www.crockpot365.blogspot.com
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I just found out that you can steam a whole spaghetti squash in the crockpot. I could eat spaghetti squash every day of the week, and I only have ever baked it on a cookie sheet. It takes SOOOO long to bake tho, and when I get home from the gym (after working 9.5 hours) I'm starving and don't have an hour to wait!!!

http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotvegetables/r/bl64c6.htm

Thanks for this. I too love spaghetti squash, I do mine in the microwave in a glass container with just a bit of water in the bottom. Depends on the size of squash, but usually only about 20 minutes for a pretty big one.
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump for later...thanks a bunch!!!
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!! :drinker:
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    My favorite breakfast...

Slow Cooker, Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal

2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or almond milk)
    1-1/2 cups water
    1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon ground flax seed

Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk or water, microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.

Nutritional Info (per 3/4 cup serving): 149 calories, 3.6g fat, 27.3g carbs, 3.9g fiber, 4.9g protein; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4 pts
  • joree2013
    Options
    Bump
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Talk about easy
    3 frozen chicken breasts
    1 can Rotel
    1 envelope taco seasoning
    1 can black beans

In that order-cook on high for 8 hours
    When you get home, shred the chicken and let cook for another 15 minutes/

You can serve on tortillas, in taco shells or even drain and serve over lettuce if you want.

Tastes great.

Throw the chicken in frozen and all? Either way sounds awesome!
  • leolin6
    Options
    I recently did 2 frozen chicken breast with half a jar of salsa in the crock pot. My son loved it and shredding it made it seem like a lot of chicken.
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    bump
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • pinklolipops
    pinklolipops Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • galv8383
    galv8383 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made this for the Super Bowl. Really easy and super healthy:

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
    20 oz boneless skinless, chicken breasts halves
    3 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
    1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
    3/4 cup diced yellow onion (about 1 small)
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground cumin
    3/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

In a slow cooker, whisk together chicken broth, canned tomatoes, diced yellow onion, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, coriander then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add raw chicken breasts, cover with lid and cook on low heat 7 - 8 hours.
    Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker along with lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro and gently stir (if you wanted another filler you can add in some frozen corn or rinsed black beans). Serve warm with diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, guacamole, sour cream, optional hot sauce and additional cilantro if desired.
  • Kinzmommy
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has great recipes and breakers down the calories and all... Love it... this morning I put several several cans of different beans, corn, browned up ground turkey onion and garlic, tablespoon of chili powder...Some stewed tomatoes and tomato sause... Mmmm house will be smelling good when I get home... I just make stuff up... what ever sounds good that day...
    Super healthy n yummy
    Good luck cooking healthy y'all :))
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smalacarne
    Options
    bump
  • staceymoyer1
    staceymoyer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Talk about easy
    3 frozen chicken breasts
    1 can Rotel
    1 envelope taco seasoning
    1 can black beans

In that order-cook on high for 8 hours
    When you get home, shred the chicken and let cook for another 15 minutes/

You can serve on tortillas, in taco shells or even drain and serve over lettuce if you want.

Do you drain and rinse the black beans or is the extra liquid needed? I can't wait to try this!

Tastes great.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There's a great thread up for Crockpot Recipes that you make up and freeze.

Here ya go! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850585-frozen-crock-pot-recipes

Crockpots are awesome! Crockpot cooking of several items and then freezing for later dates, then warming up is fabulously convenient as well!! :flowerforyou:

BUMP
    My favorite breakfast...

Slow Cooker, Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal

2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or almond milk)
    1-1/2 cups water
    1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon ground flax seed

Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk or water, microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.

Nutritional Info (per 3/4 cup serving): 149 calories, 3.6g fat, 27.3g carbs, 3.9g fiber, 4.9g protein; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4 pts
    Thanks!!