I am finally under 200... say what?

Options
I had a weigh in Monday and made it to 198! I've been hovering 200 since Christmas but I've weighed more than 200 since 2000 (8th grade).

Did/does anyone else stop themselves (consistently cheating on nutrition or being lazy at the gym) before they get to major milestones like this?

I could see myself eating a little more here and there, not giving my true all when I was working out, and just generally not doing what I know works as I got closer to that number. Even though, in hindsight, I could see myself doing it. While it was happening, I was completely blind.

I feel like I should have been running over that line but instead I was tip-toeing and then barely stuck a foot over. I don’t think it’s something I will keep doing and have a bunch of things in place to prevent it. But I would like to know if it's common and what anyone else has found helpful.

Also, GO ME!!! (...right?)

Replies

• minkychan
    minkychan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YES! GO YOU!! Keep up the good work!! I've been hovering above 210 for a really long time. Once I hit below 200 even if it's just tip-toeing I know I've made progress. Slow and steady works better than no movement at all. Feel free to add me if you want more friends for motivation. :-)

Congrats!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yay. I can't wait to experience the same. Post some pics!
  • amycdsteinberg
    amycdsteinberg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh how exciting! That is my first major goal! I have been over 200 since I was 9 months pregnant with my son who is now almost 11 years old. Cannot wait to hit that goal! Good for you!
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    WTG!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I bet it is an Amazing Feeling, I can't wait to experience that!
  • RWatkis125
    RWatkis125 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!
  • suzie308
    Options
    I'm 6 pounds from one-derland and I can't wait,
  • nissamorin
    nissamorin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I use this place as a resource and I'm far less active then most of you but it's definitely been one of the tools I've used a lot. Especially, for meal planning and tracking.

Oh and always remember the sage advice of a memory-challenged Tang fish... "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." all the work is worth it, even if you don't believe it now you will later.
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    Congrats on being under 200 cant wait til I can say that
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    WTG...200 was my first small goal...it was a truly great feeling. But it's kind of like a good win in sports...you celebrate the victory (I'm not talking about eating or whatever...just let yourself feel great, etc)...but then it's back to business with the next goal in mind. I just hit my 190 goal in mid January...my next one is 180 though I am starting to show signs of a plateau here at 187/188. i'm trying to practice what I preach and not worry too much about it, but it can get frustrating. I'm actually taking a diet break here for a week or so and eating to maintenance or maybe just a little under to reset.

Good job on getting below the 200...it's an awesome feeling.
  • nissamorin
    nissamorin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    But it's kind of like a good win in sports...you celebrate the victory (I'm not talking about eating or whatever...just let yourself feel great, etc)...but then it's back to business with the next goal in mind. ... not worry too much about it, but it can get frustrating.

I gave myself permission to eat from my friend's food truck for lunch yesterday as a break from the diet (I try not to think of it as a reward because rewarding with food is an issue for me) but you're right now it's back to business. I think turning my brain off (ie. not worry) has to be the hardest thing I'm trying to do. It runs a mile a minute and hardly ever ends up in a productive place when it's overworking like that. I know this but it's such a hard habit to break. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Though, pushing hard through cardio intervals shuts that bad boy up really quick or maybe it's just my legs drowning out the noise with their screams.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! That's amazing! I remember how excited I was when I finally saw that 1 at the beginning of my weight for the first time in 15 years, and you deserve the same.
    Keep up the great work!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WTG CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
  • ckisskiss
    Options
    Congrats! I am also finally under 200, and I still can't believe there is a 1 instead of a 2 on the scale. awesome job!
  • hcokley
    Options
    You. ROCK. Awesome!!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely GO YOU! I've been struggling to get under 200 for a year... it will be this year. You are awesome!
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's really fantastic keep it going! People like you are very inspirational.
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a huge milestone to pass, I'm a teeny step ahead now trying to get under 190.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A huge congratulations to you, that is a real accomplishment! ...And, unfortunately, absolutely yes, I know what you mean in regards to the self-sabotage. I don't know where it came from or why for me, but I can say that you did an awesome thing by working through it and making your goal anyway! I sabotaged myself right back into some bad habits last time around and not only delayed hitting a goal, but allowed myself the joy of doing all the work all over again.

At least now you'll recognize it if you start dilly-dallying again!

And seriously, congrats :)