Sugar Intake WAY To High According To MFP?!

Options
I know I am not the best at keeping my sugar intake down, but isn't 30 g a really small amount?
Also, MFP counts ALL sugars, not just added sugars, so it's like eating an apple punishes you, because it has such a high amount of natural sugar in it.
Also, would you count honey as a natural sugar or added sugar (I like to use honey as a sweetener, it adds flavor and is supposed to be good for the immune system)?
Is 30 g total sugar intake really the right amount? What do you generally eat?
Thanks

Replies

• Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I usually go for 30. Yes, even too much natural sugars is bad because it raises your blood sugar, causing you to stay hungry and eat more. But our body does need those complex carbs. The main thing to be aware of is processed, refined sugars: high fructose corn syrup, aspartame.

For artifical, non calorie sweeteners: I go for stevia.
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same issue and can't seem to find anything on the internet regarding just how much sugar you should have. I have an appointment with a nutritionist to discuss the very topic. You can adjust your sugar limits in MFP but without knowing how much is too much it's hard to do.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same issue and can't seem to find anything on the internet regarding just how much sugar you should have. I have an appointment with a nutritionist to discuss the very topic. You can adjust your sugar limits in MFP but without knowing how much is too much it's hard to do.

If you could let me know what the nutritionist says I would be grateful!
    At least exercise gives me more :)