Options
    Lately ive been doing this
    1 whole large egg
    1/2 cup of egg whites
    1/4 of a pepper chopped
    1 button mushroom
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    and sometimes 1/4 cup of salsa
    scramble it all together, then put the salsa on top!

it keeps me super full untill lunch time! and its about 250 calories!

This is probably the best breakfast on this thread.

Start your day with the right type of calorie burning, If you want to spend the day burning fat, eat fats, eat proteins and do your body a favor and skip the oats and other carbs. When you start your day with carbs, you crave them the rest of the day and that's not a good thing.

Go for Eggs, Egg Whites, Bacon, Turkey Bacon, Cheese food heavy in protein and fats and you'll be full for longer.

I eat about 6oz or Turkey Sausage with about 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites and then cover that in a little cheese and I am good to go for a little bit. You can increase the eggs or sausage to your liking and to what keeps you full.

I partly agree. That would be a perfect breakfast, but turkey bacon isn't very tasty. Real bacon is better. Also, I have to disagree about carbs. It's best to have proteins, fats, *AND* carbs at every meal. The carbs help you feel satisfied by digesting quickly, then the proteins and fats continue to digest so you don't feel hungry later. A meal without carbs is not a healthy, balanced meal.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal with a tbsp of natural peanut butter, cut up banana and hemp hearts and I'm full until lunch. My other go to breakfast is two pieces of this local whole grain bread with two warm hard boiled eggs smushed up with a bit of low fat mayo and hot sauce. Sounds weird but its delicious and filling. Both come in at around 400 calories give or take the weight of the bread or banana.

hemp hearts FTW!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Bacon.... Fat and Protein keeps you full.
    I also sometimes have 1/2 avacado and cherry tomatoes with my eggs and bacon.

Thank god there's at least one woman on the planet not eating like a gerbil.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A balanced meal of protein, fats, and complex carbs (not simple!) is your best bet. One egg with two egg whites and vegetables scrambled together, plus a small serving of whole grain cereal (whole oats, not instant) with fruit and perhaps a bit of milk makes a great, filling breakfast.

FYI: Fruits are simple carbs

But I agree that fruit is an excellent breakfast addition, but disagree on ditching the egg yolks.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs and greek yogurt w/fruit every morning and it holds me until lunch.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This will sound really weird but I have gluten free waffle, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of plain (though I do add some Stevia) nonfat Greek yogurt. Really filling and tasty.

I love peanut butter on waffles. My daughter and I do not eat waffles without peanut butter. :)
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This is like the best breakfast EVER! It is like chocolatey peanut buttery heaven in my mouth!! And it is well balanced with lots of protein for your morning :) plus fiber, calcium and little to NO SUGAR!

1/2 cup steel cut oats
    1/4-1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
    2Tbs NATURAL peanut butter (preferably low sodium AND sugar)
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder(I use Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate)

combine the oats, PB, and Milk. microwave for about a minute. Stir. Stir in whey protein. Done! SOOOOO good!

Make sure you add a fruit with this meal :) I usually have half a grapefruit, but you can stir in berries or banana, or anything you like!

ENJOY!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Today I had 3 slices of bacon and 2 eggs with a slice of toast. Kept me going for ages. Only needed a light snack in the afternoon. Lately I've been having a big bowl of Greek yogurt with berries, them a mid morning snack of rice cakes with philadelphia and ham! Tuna or prawn wrap for lunch... That's me good until dinner! X
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have 1/2 cup of perfect portions maple oatmeal prepared then with water, 1 packet of stevia in the raw...and either half a banana or some almond accents. This keeps me going for a good 4 hours. ( Ok well the massive doses of coffee might also help).

This is my breakfast every morning and so far it hasn't gotten old and I know it's going to tide me over till I can munch on something at work.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of chia seeds mixed in.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites, oatmeal with cinnamon, and a fruit.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Just like a lot of the previous posters, protien, protein, protein. Its the only way I can stay full any time of the day! Every meal or snack I eat has protein in it. :)
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Protein packed breakfast....2 eggs and 3 egg whites to make an omelet with cheese, meat, and veggies. A piece of whole wheat toast if you would like. Kashi cereal with protein is really good to full me up when accompanied with a hard boiled egg.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I mix a tbsp almond butter with 1/4 - 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, and put it on a slice of p28 bread. Tasty and filling. and great pre-workout!
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    Bump for later...

As I am having the hunger attacks lately too...lots of low cal micro meals...
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    On days I actually eat breakfast..... scrambled egg whites, 2 slices turkey bacon, spinach and mushrooms in a whole wheat pita pocket. Under 300 cals and keeps me going.
  • kbosse
    kbosse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be this way. It is your body's insulin response causing the hunger. I started drinking a Zija Prime 90 protein shake for breakfast with a little fruit mixed in and it sustains me for at least 4 hours.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Eggs or egg substitute, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, bacon, pancakes, avocado, steamed rice, grilled fish, or any balanced combination of proteins, fats and carbs.

Couldnt agree more. Only to add that if you are going to consume a carbohydrate that you eat something with plenty of fiber like the steel cut oats mentioned earlier. Protein & Fats + Fiber = You should feel full for awhile.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like a protein shake and a cup of oatmeal.

Oh yes! This is a no fail filler upper!! Also, my hearty egg white omlette is amazingly filling!! 1 cup of liquid egg whites, 2 oz of ham, 1 slice american cheese, and 2 tbls salsa. All for 260 calories and 37 grams of protein!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have a new fav recently: Eggs and Home-Fries. Very simple.

Grab a potato, par-cook it in the microwave for like 5 minutes or so, then chop it into cubes and toss it in a skillet with some no-calorie butter spray, toss in chopped onions and bell peppers or whatever veggies you like with it. Season. When it's all nicely done to your liking, slide the potatoes and veg onto a plate.

Next up: Fry your eggs(or just egg whites/egg substitute for lower calories) in the same skillet, maybe with another spritz of spray so they don't stick, if needed. Season your eggs however you like and cook in whatever way you prefer, over easy, scrambled, sunny side up, etc, and slide them onto the same plate when they're done. Voila.

VERY FILLING. Seriously, lots of food in this, especially if you add plenty of onions/peppers/veg with the potatoes.

I made this the other day and it came out to around 355-400 calories with a medium potato and egg beaters, and around 500 using normal eggs. Not bad for a very filling and home-style/hearty breakfast.