Moving, and the dangers of crappy food.

Options
So next week we are moving into our new house, Yay! But we are also doing it over a couple of days so I know that it will be a lot of pizza, chinese, take out, etc. in our long weekend. I want to be able to enjoy moving and not have to feel like crap becuase I ate too much pizza. I know that it would be super difficult to make healthy food in the midst of moving everything. Any tips on what I can do to eat as healthy as I can without making the move more difficult? I don't want to regret eating so unhelathy, but don't want to starve either! haha

Replies

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Take a look in the MFP exercise database -- there's an entry for "moving furniture." If you log all the time you spend hauling boxes and furniture, you'll have plenty of calories for pizza and Chinese!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Have fruit like bananas and apples available, and even buy ready made salads at the grocery store. Eat the salad first, you'll probably eat less pizza.
  • bamagrrrl
    bamagrrrl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love thin crust veggie pizza... not the best choice to eat every day but if you want quick easy dial it up its not too bad.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Will you have access to a microwave? If so, stock up on cans of soup. Some are pretty low calorie, but still really tasty.

Keep fruits like apples, oranges, and bananas handy.
  • alimo327
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas! All of these will help me out. :)
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    All the times I've moved I always go for some togo's or subway for lunch. It's not the best, but it's good, filling and doesn't make me feel like crap when moving things. At the end of moving we go for a steak dinner, which is decently healthy and will give you lots of protein. That's my suggestion for moving foods. Pizza never seems to be able to keep my energy up for moving all day long. But you will burn plenty of calories to eat takeout, so it's up to you. Have fun moving!