need new video

Options
I need suggestions. I've been doing the same workout video for about a year now. It's the Leslie Sansone 5 day wak plan. I LOVE it, and it has done good things for me. I've lost 55 pounds doing it, but it's time for something new. I want to lose another 30 lbs. The weight just isn't coming off like it used to. Even tho I've lost that much weight, I feel like I am still out of shape. I get out of breath sometimes, so I don't want to try a video that will basically kill me, I just want one to make this weight go away forever.

Replies

• rozeelyn
    Options
    What kind of w/o video are you looking for? Step, kickboxing, weights, walking, etc...? I belong to www.videofitness.com. it's a community where we talk about & share our love of exercise videos. In fact, I have a list DVD's that I'm trading (or giving away). A couple of sites that are devoted to exercise vids come to mind///videofitness.com, collagevideo.com. You'll get a lot of information from them.

Good luck, R
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm currently doing zumba and also Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Theres a DVD for it but I'm just doing it from youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8&feature=related). The DVD also comes with a meal plan but someone on here posted the meal plan (http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf) so that is good and it saves money!
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I can't do Zumba. I've tried but I'm just not coordinated enough. I'm thinking about getting the Zumba Wii game to help me learn. I've always wanted to try to Jilliam Micahels 30 day shred but I'm afraid it'll be too intense for me. I guess I will just try it and see what happens!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about progressing to running? You could try Couch to 5K. I strongly recommend using your public library. I have gotten some great videos from there, and it allows you to try before you buy. YouTube (I love the BeFit Channel) has some good stuff as well. You might like some of Denise Austin's lower impact workouts.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I can't do Zumba. I've tried but I'm just not coordinated enough. I'm thinking about getting the Zumba Wii game to help me learn. I've always wanted to try to Jilliam Micahels 30 day shred but I'm afraid it'll be too intense for me. I guess I will just try it and see what happens!

I have youtube on my Wii and use the Fit for Duty videos from the Pentagon Channel. There are a lot of other ones as well. If you have a Roku player, there's a fitness channel with tons of free videos. You can get all three sessions of the Jillian Michaels video on youtube.
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would love to start running. I'm afraid to do it at the gym, but I've been trying to convince my father in law to give me their treadmill. They don't use it anyways, so hopefully. I never thought about looking at the library for videos... Thanks! I'll have to look into that.
  • hteapot
    hteapot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner has great videos! I do her Personal Training with Jackie - Power Circuit Training DVD and it's awesome!