bulking diet

Options
Anyone here trying to gain muscle mass? How do you use MFP to help?

Replies

• nhguy78
    nhguy78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I guess I have other questions about adding muscle mass to upper body I just need to ask *something*. Need to start somewhere.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Eat 500 calories a day over maintenance.
    Try to eat as clean as possible.
    train hard. train legs.
    Get in plenty of protein.
  • nhguy78
    nhguy78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's funny my triceps I can use the weight machine and lift 100lbs. Bicep machine barely 60lbs. I do not want to bulk legs. I already have bulky legs.
  • Butt_cheeks
    Options
    Use free weights instead of machines. And never stop working out your legs.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    It's funny my triceps I can use the weight machine and lift 100lbs. Bicep machine barely 60lbs. I do not want to bulk legs. I already have bulky legs.

yeah, squats are a terrible way to build total body muscle...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

yeah, squats are a terrible way to build total body muscle...

deadlifts are bad too. Should probably stick to bench and curl, they work all your upper body
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WHOLE MILK AND EGGS!!!! I can't say how much this has helped me put on weight and increase strength. I eat 6 whole eggs in the morning with my oats and 6 again as a post-workout. Then I drink about half a gallon of whole milk throughout the day.

As for the other meals, just eat a lot of sweet potatoes, chicken breast, lean beef, brown rice, white rice(post-workout) and oats.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As for using MFP, it helps track your calorie intake and protein/carbs/fat ratio.