Vodka Revolution Salad Calories, Help!

Options
Hello everyone.

I am going to Vodka Revolutions tonight with my work colleagues and I don't want to be a stick in the mud and refuse to eat there so I am planning on having a salad. I have looked at their website and chosen my salad, the Chicken and Bacon one. But I can't find the nutrional or calorie infor for it anywhere.

I was wondering if anyone knew it? Or could help me work it out? Here is the description of the salad from their website:

Revolution chicken and bacon saladA large bowl of mixed leaves, spring onions, red onions, edamame beans, cucumber, red peppers and cherry tomatoes dressed in our house chilli, lime and coriander dressing. With grilled chicken breast, bacon and creamy goat’s cheese.

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, you lost me at vodka...

The salad looks good though!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Do love me a Revs!

No advice unfortunately, other than perhaps logging all the information individually (i.e. estimate the weight of the cheese, bacon and chicken and logging them), and totting up the salad and perhaps asking the staff to put the dressing on the side?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The leaves, onions, cucumber, peppers and tomatoes will have very few calories - say 50.

For the rest, it really does depend how much of everything there is. But a chicken breast would be about 150, the bacon maybe 100-150, goats cheese could be at least 150, edemame beans maybe 100. But the biggest culprit will be the dressing, if there's any oil in it. See if you can get it served on the side.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The leaves, onions, cucumber, peppers and tomatoes will have very few calories - say 50.

For the rest, it really does depend how much of everything there is. But a chicken breast would be about 150, the bacon maybe 100-150, goats cheese could be at least 150, edemame beans maybe 100. But the biggest culprit will be the dressing, if there's any oil in it. See if you can get it served on the side.

From my recollection of Revs' dressings they are very oily - delicious, but ooooiilly.
  • fionaeharvey
    Options
    Its so frustrating eating out! I'm potentially looking at a 600-700 cal salad! urgh
  • fionaeharvey
    Options
    Update I am going to just have the houmous starter as that is about 400-500 cals (massive overestimate). i can't use 800 calories on a sald. I'll probably enjoy the houmous more too.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    It's a common trap to go for the salad as the healthiest option.

If there's a grilled fish or chicken with a veggie side, that'd be your best bet. Buit portion size is very important too.
  • fionaeharvey
    Options
    I wish there was a grilled chicken/fish option :( not the best restuarant for me really.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Ah, just had a look at the menus online!

There's quite a few options under "small plates", I'd go for one of those.

Someone on the Weightwatchers board said that they calculated the chicken and bacon salad to be 14 points plus, which would put it around 490-630 calories. Really, that's what I'd budget for a meal eaten in a restaurant.
  • ClaireShepster
    ClaireShepster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also had a look on the menu.

In small plates they have a pea and ham soup which might be okay.

Also look at chicken or prawn linguine - the prawn maybe around 400 - 600 dependent on the dressing
  • fionaeharvey
    Options
    Yeah, the small plates are looking good. Thank you all so much for your help, it has really help. I have got the options down to:

1. Just stick with the salad (if its 14ppt) then it probably is not too bad.
    2. Have the humous light plate (400-500)
    3. Or have one of the flat breads (400-600 cals)

I think I am just really feeling down about eating out, I feel so guilty and out of control.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    It's one meal, you can do this!
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    do they do the chicken Katsu? that might be a good one. you could probably get a good guestimate of the macros and kcals
  • jamesh87uk
    Options
    Probably too late now, but just ask them to make you a grilled chicken salad with some dressing on the side. That or just eat it as is and be good for the rest of week :)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a burger is better than salad.
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think I would get the salad with NO cheese and dressing on the side. I eat out a lot, and most restaurants are pretty accommodating to requests like that.