Sugar Help

Options
sundinsgurl
sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
I just changed my food diary to display my sugar so I can try and watch it. I have gone WAY over the 24 grams allowed everyday!

How is it possible to not go over??? Is 24 grams of sugar realistic???

I have 867 calories left still.. and already -7 in sugar!

My sugar today has come from:
banana - 14 grams
white thinfuls - 3 grams
cup of corn - 7 grams
bbq sauce on my chicken - 7 grams

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use fruit as an occasional treat for that very reason, I now get my 5-a-day from veggies!
  • Ulanda
    Ulanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with the sugar. The only way I see myself staying within this range is to prepare everything myself from scratch -- no pre-packaged, processed, or take out -- and even still that goal may be hard to manage...
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I now stay away from corn and bbq sauce. If I have sugar I try to make it mostly from fruit.
  • cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have a hard time with sugar too. I am still losing at least a pound a week so until that slows down I am not worrying about it! I will re-evaluate my sugar intake once my body needs a change!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    So than is it better to be over on Sugar and under on Fat?
  • PapaPolarBear
    PapaPolarBear Posts: 459
    Options
    I have a hard time with sugar too. I am still losing at least a pound a week so until that slows down I am not worrying about it! I will re-evaluate my sugar intake once my body needs a change!!

That's exactly the same as I've been doing. I noticed it was bad, I'll sometimes double my sugar but as long as it's from fruits and other healthy foods, I don't worry about it as much as long as i'm still losing.