At what age do you consider a woman a COUGAR?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Oddly, any guy over 40 just becomes a perv when even talking to a younger woman. Why don't we get some really cool name for trolling young ladies?

Older men have been dating younger ladies since forever. The term cougar came about when people realized that women could do it also.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Ugh, this thread would define my mother-in-law as a cougar.... :noway:

ewe
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've hear it's a woman (no matter what age) that ALWAYS dates someone on 11+ year younger than her. So if you are 34 like myself, you'd have to continually go after men between 21-23 mainly. I don't date boys though, much prefer them to have some experience...
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    30-40 is a puma, 40-50 is a cougar, 50+ is a silver fox :drinker:
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's not really the age; it's the age the woman tries to get (much) younger men. Like, 40 going for a 25 year old. Personally I hate that term; if a 40 year old woman can snag a 25 year old guy, all the power to her (or the guy needs help).

I agree with this but I don't consider the term bad by any means. If she looks good enough and has the confidence and can get a guy that much younger, good for her.

I *heart* you. lol

I've been called a cougar because I am 42 and my boyfriend is 28. But I have been told that I don't look my age at all. Thank goodness! :laugh:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Never. I think someone should be allowed to date whomever they wish to without being labeled.
  • mlm821
    Options

And 65+ are considered Saber Tooth Tigers. grrrrrr!!!!!!!
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My Mom was 44 when she had me...my Dad was 28!!!!!!! LOL...

MY MOMMA WAS ONE HOT LADY!!
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    being a cougar is a mentality, and mindset, nothing to do with age.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    42+

Some 41 yo are sexy
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Oddly, any guy over 40 just becomes a perv when even talking to a younger woman. Why don't we get some really cool name for trolling young ladies?

My husband is 18 years older then me, his friends have named him "that lucky *kitten*" :wink: :laugh: You could always just use that :tongue:
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Cougars, to me, are women who specifically pursue men 15 or more years younger than they.
    I don't see an older woman as a cougar if the man pursued HER.
    So some of those women in their early 30s who are sleeping with high school age boys are cougars.
    However: a woman in her 50s who generally does not date younger men, but is pursued assiduously (and is won) by a man in his 30s, is not a cougar.
    That being said, I don't think women who think about cougardom do so until they're around 45.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I was called a cougar when I met my guy because I am eight years older than him, but now that we are married, I am no longer considered a cougar (at least that's what I'm told). I think these labels are stupid anyway! If two adults of legal age are attracted to one another, that's all that should matter. Consenting adults should be able to date whomever they please without being labeled.
    BTW, when I met my husband, I was 55 and he was 47.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as they are breathing....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

You do, it's "Daddy".
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    50ish
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Any age where she is old enough to be the guy's mother.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Maaan, I'm just getting used to this reply stuff. I mean to reply under the quote but it didn't work out. Anyway, my answer is any age where she is old enough to be the guy's mother.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    30-40 is a puma, 40-50 is a cougar, 50+ is a silver fox :drinker:

LOL at this thread. Maybe I'm a cougar...maybe age really isn't that important when both parties are legal and mature.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    h95C0A49A