Thoughts on Shakeology?

Options
Has anyone out here tried Shakeology? Was wondering if you've had great results while using it, and any info on it, thanks

Replies

• kimdea39
    Options
    I tried it. It was fine, but I couldn't tell a big difference between that and other protein drinks. I found that the only ones who said it was the greatest thing ever were those who are selling (and profiting) from it. I know they have some great commercials that say they have more vitamins and minerals than a bunch of fruits and vegetables, but really, can a processed product be better than eating the real thing? The cost is also high--about $100/month if you drink it every day.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Costs more than eating real food. Costs more than protein powder. I don't really see an up side.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tried it when I got a free trial pack when I purchased Insanity. I thought it tasted gross, and it's pretty expensive. In my opinion, eat your fruits and veggies, take a daily vitamin, and use a regular protein powder. Your wallet will thank you. And like Kimdea35 said, the ones who swear by it are the ones selling it.
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink it regularly. I have digestive issues and, for me, after trying pills and real food, it works the best and is worth the expense. I use it as a meal replacement, but I wouldn't recommend it as a diet aid. It helps normalize my digestion, but I can't say it has helped me lose weight.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I love it!!! (And don't sell it!) it has done wonders for my energy and appetite as well as regularity. I find that I burn more (I use a HRM) when I drink it before a workout.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i love it! it costs about 4$ a serving, and is more convenient for me in the mornings.