Damn those sweets!

Options
I recently stopped smoking because my lungs weren't capable of morning jogs :laugh: (and to be healthier). And since that I had the worst chocolate craves in my life!
I`ve always liked chocolate,and i could even sometimes say no to it.But now i could easily eat chocolate 24/7 and not get sick of it.

Has anybody got any tips on how to replace chocolate,sweet craves for something else,healthier? Bananas can`t do the job,cause then i go over my sugar limit.
And to be honest how can you possibly not go over it!Even if i don`t have sweets for a day my limit is still pretty high.

Gosh,I sound sooo shallow :laugh: .I think i`ll stop now to not get on anybody's nerves.Peace :flowerforyou:

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Even if you go over on your sugar with banana....thats the healthy type of sugar, so most people dont count those, because your body is prepared to break them down

My only resolution to chocolate is not to buy them...lol....I love chocolate so much...I dont by them because if I do I will have no restraint

Like this saturday I am going to the movies so I will treat myself to a chocolate or something sweet

But for a regular day I just dont even look at them in the store
  • radtech
    radtech Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jess and Im addicted to chocolate:)
    Seriously tho, sometimes when I am really craving chocolate I will eat a meal replacement bar from Special K. They are pretty good and it makes me think I am still getting my sweets. Just a suggestion:)
  • Firefrog76
    Firefrog76 Posts: 45
    Options
    I like a cup of green tea with a packet or two of splenda in it to sweeten, hits the sweet tooth at times.
    The meal replacement bars are good, too! Plus have fiber, a plus!
    If you must have chocolate, though (I'm in that boat with you!) then opt for dark chocolates the higher the cocoa % the better. 60% cocoa is still fairly sweet, 72% is just about perfect for me and then there's 80% cocoa. Very bittersweet but has enough sweetness to take the edge off and let me feel like I'm endulging.

Also! If you account for the chocolates in your calories for the day, then you will be fine with an occasional bit here and there. Depriving yourself will only make you crumble and binge later. Best to stave it off with a taste to kill the craving fast before it gets out of control.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you are totally into chocolate I find buying very rich chocolate helps. The richness means you only need a tiny amount to satisfy your cravings, so your still getting your chocolate fix but in much smaller amounts.
  • coolshoeshine
    Options
    Special K bars are really good. Specially the chocolate ones :laugh:
  • coolshoeshine
    Options
    Thanks for suggestion,i`ll try it :)
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I also agree with the Special K bars. They mange to get rid of every sweet craving I get.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Eat Natural's Macadamia, Cranberry and dark Chocolate bars. they are 221 cals but are 'natural' so surely better than a giant aero bar which i would like to jump onto the couch with right now!
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I have a chocolate craving, I grab a package of Nabisco 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels. It usually does the trick for me. If I still want chocolate after that, I drink water and, for some reason, that seems to take away my craving.