I've NEVER been this size before

Options
I've lived my whole life as a plus size girl and then woman. Over the past two and a half years I've been going through a very intentional, personal renaissance. I have thought long and hard about the person I want to be and set many goals, including: being present, being honest with myself and others, and making my physical health top priority, recognizing opportunity, and not being afraid to go places I haven't been... sounds easy huh, not so much!

My weight loss goal included being a size 12, getting out of those "plus size" numbers. Sooooooo, here I am, somewhere I had a hard time believing I would reach, somewhere I've never been. I've lost 76 pounds since my heaviest. I've lost almost 45 pounds over the past year. I'm headed to Macy's today to see if I fit into a size 12... because I've NEVER BEEN a size 12 and I have no reference point/old pair of jeans. I may have up to 5 more lbs to go but I may be there.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kind of overwhelmed with "arriving" at my destination. Yesterday I had 2 experiences that have shown me people are seeing me differently, seeing me as fit and not obese. A man made a statement referencing "maybe for an extra large person"... isn't that me???? NO???? I don't think I've completely acknowledged that I'm quite the athlete these days (downhill mountain biker) and I really am the woman I wanted to be.... a happy attractive, fit woman.

I'm planning a complete wardrobe makeover (its bad if your underwear and spandex shorts are baggy). I will be posting my before and after pics here by the months end, you can count on it!!! YEAH ME!!!!

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    SWEET! That's really awesome! Congratulations!!!!! =D
  • AubreyLeong
    AubreyLeong Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How exciting!!! Congrats on making over your life!!
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Sounds sooo awesomely exciting!! One of my goals is hitting a size 12 too! I don't really remember being below a 14...since uhh..??? LOL

Way to go! Can't wait for your pics!!
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    It's the sweet little things! Congrats! I know you feel better inside and look better outside. Great milestone- keep going!
  • alisi85
    alisi85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy You!!! That's awesome congrats on everything can't wait to see your pics!! Woohoo!
  • flower607
    flower607 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Must be a wonderful feeling! Your story was the sweetest thing, put a huge smile on my face!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I absolutely relate! Kudos to you for putting your vision first and for not only being fit but being clear and honest- goals I share as well. Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!