NSV: 1 Month Soda-Free

Options
I had my last soda on January 6th.
Honestly, I don't miss it....at all. I'm really happy that I gave it up. I've lost 8lbs since I gave it up.
My next step is giving up store-bought creamer. I'm going to try to make my own!

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Good on you! That's a great victory!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Were you a diet or regular pop drinker? How much pop did you drink before giving it up?
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Diet Pepsi fan. I did not have it every day but a few times a week. Now it is only once a month if that. And amazingly enough I don't even crave it like I used to.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job. I gave up soda in September and don't miss it either. I used to love fountain soda and when my kids have had it I've taken a sip and just do not like at all anymore.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sarah!! I have given up soda too. My goal is to not have another one till I lose 10 more pounds and even then I probably will not want it. I drink A LOT of water now, but include coffee and unsweet tea. I am loving it.

BTW...I'm a KY girl too. Add me if you'd like.
  • GettingFitFor30
    Options
    I was a very heavy, tall glass with every meal Mt. Dew drinker. We could go through a 2liter a day, just me and my husband.
    Were you a diet or regular pop drinker? How much pop did you drink before giving it up?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My last soda was on January 11th, and I have never looked back. It hasn't always been easy, but it's worth it! Cherry Coke was my weakness :-)
  • coleeli
    coleeli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    Soda was the first thing I gave up when I started to get healthy. I was drinking probably 2-3 sodas a day, 5 days a week. It's been 5 months since I had my last one. Was definitely really hard to give up, but I feel so much better. In fact, I don't drink any caffeine at all yet I feel so much more awake.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! Glad you don't even miss it - now onto that next goal.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i used to basically have a Mountain Dew IV. I would have to say i drank 3 or so per day

A friend challenged me to see if i could give it up for a month.. it was the kick start to my weight loss here at MFP

i am almost afraid to try one again. its become a pride thing lol.. not saying i am giving it up permanently , because i dont like to make big promises i cant keep

but have had nothing but milk , water and i think like 2-3 OJ's and 2-3 iced teas since 8/4

so congrats on your going cold turkey on soda.. its an acommplishment and you should be proud.
    it does have a big impact on weight
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Have tapered my diet Dr Pepper consumption down to 2 2 liters a week. Yes, that's a reduction for me. Have replaced with water and home brewed iced tea. Have the goal of eliminating it all together in the next couple of months. Then working on eliminating caffeine, too.

Good job! For some reason, soda is my #2 weakness. Sugar is my #1 weakness! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!