What do you reward yourself with?

Options
Hey Everyone!

I'd like to get some ideas for what other people have rewarded themselves with after hitting certain milestones. I feel like I've been doing this for quite some time now (7 months), but without having any real goals to hit besides being in my sister's wedding in July.

I'm wondering what people do to reward themselves for smaller milestones? I'm thinking/hoping that this will make the weight loss more "real" too, at least in my head.

The next one I'm trying to hit is 40 lbs! Suggestions?

Replies

• shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Clothes (If I've gone down a size). Spa day! Anything that will make you feel good about yourself! :)
    The main one when I've reached my goal weight is having my bedroom redecorated. :) (I'm saving up for it. :D)
  • nnelson33
    Options
    Yes, I also love shopping! But sometimes I don't want to buy too many news things while I'm "in progress".

But actually recently my dad bought me new actually cute exercise clothes so I feel better when I'm working out for my 30 lb mark. Makes me feel better in the gym!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    Since I have a girlfriend and 3 kids.. I spend my "Reward" money on them...

But I did buy myself a backwards compatible PS3.. if that counts...
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    What about a vacation?
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to figure this out, all the "reward" type things I can think of are things I do any way LOL. But if you don't already do these things, how about something to pamper yourself at different intervals? Mani/pedi, facial, massage, etc?
  • emjoyhar
    emjoyhar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband is planning on taking me to a hotel getaway with a day-spa!! :) I'm so excited!! I've always been one to get mani/pedis. But nothing this extravagant.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING SPREE. for new sexy clothes.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I like setting rewards that make me feel more confident. When I hit 25 lbs, I plan on getting my ears pierced. I haven't decided my 50 lb mark reward yet. My 90 lb reward is getting my teeth professionally whitened (expensive but wonderful reward!).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I walk around my house naked more.
  • emr51983
    emr51983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly and I usually set goals like, if I lose X amount of weight this week, I will buy Y. My current "Y" is a bracelet to go with my new watch.

For bigger goals I have bigger rewards. When I lose 10 lbs. I'm buying myself a new pair of nude pumps. At 20, an even more expensive gift.

I don't like rewarding with clothes or food. Too much room for error or guilt.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I echo the clothes comment. As you lose, you can always buy clothes off of ebay or at secondhand stores, but I buy new work out clothes usually! Now that I'm down to a tight (hopefully becoming loose!) medium, I figure they'll be clothes I actually wear for awhile :)
  • SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dancing... it is how my boyfriend and I met and I LOVE to go, the smaller I get, the more cute clothes I fit into, the more i want to go out Dancing!!
  • baotzu
    baotzu Posts: 28
    Options
    The intrinsic value of crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations of the women is reward enough.
  • myturningpoint
    Options
    mac/too faced makeup (expensive to me)
    salon hair color (maybe)
    new, cute clothes
    new shoes (being bigger, cute shoes don't often feel good to me)

natural rewards:

feeling great
    looking my age or younger
    more money in my pocket (and not at the restaurant)

** I'd also like to go on a really fun trip in the fall, if I'm done by then!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have smaller to larger rewards:

movie night
    new book
    new nail polish
    new bath supplies-body lotions, etc
    manicure/nails
    pedicure
    new jeans
    new boots
    massage
    cooking class
    new clothes
    IPad or Kindle HD
    short trip - FINAL!
  • HGibbons1017
    Options
    I've told myself I am going to upgrade my phone when I get to my next mark (about 11 more pounds). Yes, it's something I would probably eventually do anyways, but it's kind of fun to come up with ideas. Ones I've done in the past have been to download new music, get new shoes, new clothes...just small non-food rewards :)
  • amyjoness
    Options
    shopping has to be new clothes!!
  • sjanney007
    Options
    An hour plus long massage (spa day) would be sooo awesome!
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I dropped below 300 (for the first time in about 30 years) I bought myself a pet fish. A Betta.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I walk around my house naked more.

Thats kinda more of a reward for the Mr, ain't it?