Probiotics and weight loss?

Options
I have been reading alot over the past few weeks about probiotics helping with weight loss. Dose anyone know about this and is it true?

Replies

• tkeers
    tkeers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard anything about this but i take a 2 billion pro-biotic everyday so im hoping your right! keep me posted xxx
  • sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    probiotic helps me with digestion, not losing body fat. Weight loss? Probably after a visit to bathroom. ;))
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's how it works:

By consuming pro-biotics, you welcome a host of friendly organisms and bacteria into your digestive system. They help flush it out and keep things regular---> poop--->negligible weight loss (very negligible).
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I eat yogurt every day, Fage Total 0% plain most of the time. I eat anywhere from a half cup to a cup a day, depending, and usually at two meals at least... at breakfast dissolved in my cereal milk every day, and I replace sour cream with it at meals later in the day, and use a half cup in my smoothie. I find I get less gastric disturbances to put it mildly... travelling I would often get sick, or even going to the next town over. That's stopped since the regular consumption of yogurt.

No idea about weight loss... though there is the unrelated factor that high calcium foods can block fat absorption.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Reza and sanalupe are correct. Probiotics do not help in weight loss.