I AM SO HUNGRY!!! HELP?!

Options
I JUST STARTED MFP LAST FRIDAY AND I REALLY LIKE IT. WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS FOODS THAT ARE LOW IN CALORIES AND FILLING. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING ON THE COMMUNITY BLOGS AND ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY ALMONDS, BUT THEY ARE SO HIGH IN CALORIES. I FEEL LIKE I AM SO HUNGRY BUT WITH THE FOODS I AM ALREADY EATING PUTS ME CLOSE TO USING UP ALL MY LIMITED CALORIES FOR THE DAY. THE MFP HAS ME AT A TOTAL OF 1440 CALORIES FOR A DAY. I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD UP MY CALORIES BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO ON MFP AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT. HELP WITH SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPREICATED. THANK YOU!

Replies

• gothamknight67
    gothamknight67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excercise.....?
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lean Fish and Chicken helps in satiety, add in some vegetables and you got yourself a healthy meal that should suffice for hours.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of 100 calorie popcorn, very few calories and very filling. Also veggies really fill you up for not a lot of calories (carrot sticks, celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cukes etc.) I find low fat milk to be very filling as well. Good luck on your journey.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I would say up your calories if need be and work out even more :happy:
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Raw Vegs my go to when I am so hungry. 2 Tablespoons only has like 35 cals so I have around 6tablespoons Raw vegs 0cals or no more than 50. It is so very good (the brand tribe from walmart is so very good).
    7631282 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising. The calories you burn up, you are permitted to eat. You can increase your 1400 calories easily up to 1700.
  • baja572
    Options
    protein... egg. greek yogurt.meats...beans..these work for me!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Whoa, no need to yell :laugh:

Things high in protein are very filling and so are fibrous vegetables like lettuce, spinach, kale, etc.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Check this out, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Right now I'm eating and losing weight at 1600-1800 calories/day (I'm 5"10" and lift 3 days/week).

ETA: I also drink half my body weight in water - 184 lbs = 91 oz.or about 3 liters.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF!

When you get almonds, get RAW almonds. You can usually have a small handful for only 60-70 calories. Also, if you get hungry, get a HUGE salad. A couple cups of lettuce/spinach, fresh carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato. Any fresh veggies really. Also, look for salad spritzers for the dressing. They are only 1 calorie per spray. A huge salad like this can total up at around 50 calories tops, yet you are ingesting a lot of food.

Water Water Water! If you are hungry, try guzzling down 16 oz of water and see if you are still hungry 15 minutes or so later. I know that a lot of people who think they are hungry are really just thirsty.

Don't get discouraged! Just make nice, healthy decisions and this site works!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Anything you can buy in the 'fresh whole food' category will fill you up, with less calories. I know personally I did not have a 'taste' for raw veggies, but I started slow, trying new things, and now I CRAVE a sliced up bell pepper, or some blackberries over potato chips or candies any day. Go to a farmers market, or just stay in the produce department of the store. This might be silly, but I would wait until I was nice and hungry, then try a new veggie......it is amazing how much better food can taste when you are getting pretty hungry!
  • aymejia
    Options
    Add me, and take a look at my diary and maybe you can find something that would help you. i love Zone bars, they keep me fill
  • rashuno
    Options
    Also, make sure you are drinking water.. There have been studies that have shown when you are thirsty or need water, you body also interprets them as hunger feelings.!
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with protein powder. anything with protein and fiber they help you feel full. you can get protein meal bars if you need something between meals--180 to 200 cals. i really hope this helps i had the same problem when i started
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    why are so many people so afraid of things are nutritiously good for the body but "high in calories" ? Protein is definitely a good source of fulfilling calories imo. usually for breakfast i have a big calorie meal, 300-400, this definitely helps me stay full after having not eaten for almost 8 hours at night. small snacks throughout the day will also help. oh and water water water!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have the same calories goal. Feel free to look at my diary. I am a vegetarian so I have been encorporating much more veggies instead of carbs since starting MFP. Veggies has such little calories that eating a giant salad barley dents my total. However, I was under a lot so the last two days I have been adding some higher cal things in with it. I buy lots of fresh vegetables (portabella mushroom, zuchinni, squash, kale, beets...etc) and I grill them with seasoning and eat them like that or over rice. Last nights portabella thing was only like 200 calroeis for a whole dinner. It was awesome.

Also, if I am really hungry, I just force myself to work out enough to eat a bigger meal. If I want a huge pizza then I have to do an hour of cardio.

Protein shakes may help too but be careful because a lot of them are high in calories and sugar. Lean 15 isnt bad.
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 (I know, all the booing and hissing will follow) under a Dr supervision. I have a hard time meeting my calories. I eat 5 times a day, then maybe a couple of other smaller snacks throughout the day. Yogurt, fruits, cheese are all staples. Cheese sticks are so simple. Come prepackaged and ready to go. Also I go with granola bars, BUT watch the ingredients. Nothing all sugar or chocolate. Again, prepackaged and easy.
    When making a meal or a sandwich just use light or lower calorie items. Its not a change that can be made overnight or with one shopping trip. Its not economical to just toss all the foods you have now, to buy all low calorie items. Eat what you have already in moderation and slowly make the changes as you go.
    Try pre planning your days. Sit down the evening before or that am and say I am gonna do this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and stick to it.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    a hard boiled egg is the trick for me... or beef jerky
  • keljoro
    keljoro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ive read that our bodies can't tell the difference between hunger and thirst. so usually when im hungry, i drink a litre of water first. it's amazing how that can take the edge off.
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Water water water water.

Oh, yeah, and water.

Every time I get a craving, I drink water. If you wait about five minutes, I promise the hunger will subside for a while.