I AM SO HUNGRY!!! HELP?!

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Load up on raw fruits and veggies. They're loaded with water so you can fill your stomach to the brim with them, get in oodles of nutrition, and the calorie content is so low, it's a good way to fill out your meals!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    eat smaller portions more often. I found if I ate something about every 2 hours, I would not get hungry. Even if it is just 150 calories or so.
  • rayraex
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com

Awesome, tasty and filling recipes that are ALL healthy and low calorie!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Or you could try a different approach: eat nutrient dense foods. Foods high in healthy fats are filling. You will eat less and be more satisfied. It's working for me. No need to "fill up" and no need to struggle with hunger, ever. And you'll save money too.
  • Sleepytinksy
    Options
    Everyone else has given a lot of great suggestions, but I'd also like to chime in that the first 2 weeks or so are the most painful for a diet in my experience. Until your body gets used to the fact that you're not going to be feeding it as much, its going to yell at you, and its going to suck. Stick with it and it WILL get better. Eventually you'll probably even find yourself trying to figure out how to meet your calorie goal for the day because you're way under.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes- they have protein which keeps you full- cottage cheese- tuna roasted chicken breast- veggies have low cals High content- And if you work out- you can eat more. Working out also curbs apetite.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    foods high in protein and fiber. You didn't say how much you are exercising, how much of a deficit you are running (2 lbs a week, 1 pound a week?).

I eat every few hours. I have my calories set (manually) at 1500/day, because I know on a given day I'm going to burn an additional 300 calories through exercise. On my strenuous workout days, I plan to eat at least 1800 calories. At least. I can burn a good 1000 calories during those workouts, so sometimes I have to try to eat more those days, and I've lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks. I don't expect that pace to keep up, but when it slows I'll make adjustments.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles! ...these things are a life saver or me. One bag is only 40 calories. I mix in half a cup of healthy pasta sauce, which is 45 calories, and a tablespoon of grated parm for 25 calories. 110 calories for a meal that will keep you full for hours (it's an entire bowl of pasta), is all you need in this world. Plus, its got 9 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. I'm telling you, LIFE SAVER!

oooh, I'm going to have check those out....you're telling me I can really eat a whole bowl of pasta?

Groupon for these came out today! http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-miracle-noodles?ab=n&c=all&p=14
  • lakarune
    lakarune Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the trick the French women use -- soups, especially light broth. A warm chicken or vegetable broth or a packet of miso soup (25-35 calories) will give your brain a satiation signal, FAST, for hardly any calories.

(My other trick is flavored Rooibos teas. There's a delicious chocolate strawberry flavored tea that has ZERO calories and takes care of the late-night chocolate craving.)

You should also make sure you're getting the 3-4:1 carbs/protein balance after your workouts (within 30 min post-workout) to feed your muscles.

Good luck :)
  • courtwhitear
    courtwhitear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein are going to keep you full. I have the same issue and I realized a couple of things:

1. MFP's projections of your total calorie intake could be a little off and maybe a little low. And you NEED to eat ALL of your calories. Get your deficit from exercise, not from under eating.

2. Find your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) and make sure you're eating that every day. Adjust it as you lose weight. But like I said, EAT those calories. That is what your body burns if you just sat around all day and didn't do anything...so you're going to create a deficit by just living your life, add a little exercise into it and you will see a slow and steady decrease in your weight.

3. Aim for overall health, not just low calories. You will change your life forever if you do it that way. Fruits and vegetables and lean protein (chicken, fish, turkey) are your go to...nuts and seeds are great too, even if they are higher in calories. Scope out your friends' food diaries for good ideas.

use this to calc your RMR: http://www-users.med.cornell.edu/~spon/picu/calc/beecalc.htm

Good luck!!
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love to slice up a cucumber and eat the whole thing...it is about 45 calories and the crunch is what I am looking for.

Take the cheese wedges (like laughing cow or crystal farms) that have 35 calories to them and some crackers. You are looking at about 175 calorie snack

YUMMY!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat High Protein Foods. I will eat a Luna Bar if I get real hungry. They have 180 calories but 9 grams of protein.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots if you just want to munch on something, and salmon is fantastic if you're actually hungry.
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think the shirataki noodles are noodles in the traditional sense that they are made with a wheat flour. Years ago they were pretty expensive, I hope that has changed.

Good luck, I feel like I'm always starving too, good to see some ideas here.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    All good advice so far and i definately agree with lots of veg! i use a herbs range by NOMU from south africa and it takes the boredom out of veg. they have loads of different flavours and are really cheap if you order a selection of 4 little pouches -free delivery
    http://www.nomushop.co.za/products-page/rub/4-pouch-airmail-pack-free-shipping1/

Also i discovered low calorie ice lollies last year and they now enable me to have snack in the evening for less then 100 cals!
    Mini Twisters, Fabs, Fruit Pastel and lots of others for between 40-100cals! (I am slightly obsessed)
    :)
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles! ...these things are a life saver or me. One bag is only 40 calories. I mix in half a cup of healthy pasta sauce, which is 45 calories, and a tablespoon of grated parm for 25 calories. 110 calories for a meal that will keep you full for hours (it's an entire bowl of pasta), is all you need in this world. Plus, its got 9 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. I'm telling you, LIFE SAVER!

Where do you get the shirataki noodles? Please tell. Sounds like it could be a lifesaver for me, cuz I'm a pasta addict. Thx! :)
    Those are not for every one- Very slimy lol I couldnt eat them- you can find them at whole foods if you have one near you- or stores that have a wide selection of organic foods generally.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you are so hungry, then please eat.

The best low calorie filling foods (in my humble opinion) are fruits and vegetables. You can eat pounds of veggies for very few calories.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Since I'm going through this right now have there been any changes to your diet or medications that might really affect it? Like not eating enough carbs or starting or upping the dose of some medications?

Sometimes a piece of fruit is just enough to tell your brain you are full. At least it worked for me last night now today its a different story.
  • april1445
    Options
    Favorite foods for feeling full

Tuna, tuna, tuna
    Frozen Blueberries with milk on them make a slush
    boiled eggs
    oatmeal
    potatoes
    hot chocolate is good for a low cal chocolate fix.