Protein Drinks?

Options
I need help finding a good protein shake or drink. I was buying Special K protein shakes. But these are really expensive for four bottles. I'm looking for something to have in between meals to curb the hunger and something that tastes good. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I make my own protein water. I buy a big container of protein powder (egg white protein by Jay Robb is what I use). Then in the morning I mix a scoop of protein powder in a bottle of water and sip that throughout the morning. I do the same in the afternoon. I like the Jay Robb brand because it doesn't have any MSG, aspartame, artificial flavors or colors. I think Whey protein is of better quality and better absorbed by our bodies, but I have a severe allergy to dairy and I am afraid to try it, for fear of getting sick.
  • Dopechick
    Dopechick Posts: 16
    Options
    Designer Whey protein powder is VERY good. My personal trainer recommended it to me and I love it not to mention it is pretty inexpensive. Lean Body shakes in "to go" packets are also very good.
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    Designer Whey protein powder is VERY good. My personal trainer recommended it to me and I love it not to mention it is pretty inexpensive. Lean Body shakes in "to go" packets are also very good.

Dopechick-What do you mix your powder with? Thanks
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back. Where is a good place to get these?
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back. Where is a good place to get these?

Mine came from the Vitamin Shoppe.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I really like Natural Edge whey protein. It has 20g protein per scoop, and you can mix it with anything. I got mine at Good Earth.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Stores carry these. I have tried the Jay Rob eg white and the whey protein. Both are good. I really like the taste of the whey protein chocolate and vanilla are great! I like the individual servings especially for right after a good workout. I recently found out that drinking it within 15-30 minutes of working out really helps you get lean. LEAN IS GOOD, so I'm trying that out. I mix mine with water. You can also mix it with milk. I like to save my calories for something else and find the taste of the whey protein shakes is good even with just water.

Hope that helps. The nutrition store where I get them is called Nutrition Stop. I don't think they are a chain. They are just really healthy:) Good luck!
  • dbrownson
    dbrownson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get Dynamatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate, I find it great tasting and rather inexpensive. I use to get All The Whey Protein but that was more expensive. I mix mine with water, usually just get a 24 pack of bottled water and it's easy and ready to go in no time!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I buy Designer Whey at Rite Aid or Albertsons. Right now Right Aid has it on special buy one get one free. I mix it with fruit and either water or almond milk.