BURPEES!!!

Options
Just wanted to get this out there to everyone!!

I LOVE BURPEES!!!!

They are my favorite!!!

That is all!

Replies

• dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im going to have to google this because I see everyone talk about it and have not a clue what it is lol
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to love them, I really do lol
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: I hate burpees, but I do them because they are so good!
  • chrisosgood
    Options
    Some days I love burpees and some days I hate them.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Burpees are intense! The first time ive heard of them i was at a beginners kickboxing class ( which in no way was it beginners i found out hahah) and it was basically like a boot camp and they made us do burpees on the spot. It was crazy intense, but yeah i do like burpees too!
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Back in 7th grade, they were called squat thrusts. That is the last time I did them, 7th grade. I am 35 now, so that tells you how many years ago that was. I liked them back then, but I am a lot heavier and less agile now. I want to do them, just have fear I'll break something, lol.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    They REALLY hurt my wrists.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    They have their time and place, and those who find the time and place will reap the rewards!
  • lyndian_rogers
    Options
    Back in 7th grade, they were called squat thrusts. That is the last time I did them, 7th grade. I am 35 now, so that tells you how many years ago that was. I liked them back then, but I am a lot heavier and less agile now. I want to do them, just have fear I'll break something, lol.

I am a lot heavier now too and I thought the same thing. That they would probably be the death of me, but the good news is that they still love me too!!! :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    They are EVIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL :devil: LOL
  • sward405
    Options
    I HATE Burpees....Oh yea...did I mention....I hate burpees :noway: :sad: :grumble:
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I have been seeing these and wondering what they were...I just realized Chalene calls them SUMO SQUATS in Turbo Fire, jsut without the push-up in the middle! :-)

It is a LOVE/HATE Relationship for me. I am happy I can do them now!! :-)
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with Burpees.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options

The difference is in a true burpee you do a pushup as well. So squat down to put hands on floor, jump your legs out so your are in the pushup position, do a pushup, jump the legs back in to a squat position, rise from the squat position with a jump. Repeat.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to get this out there to everyone!!

I LOVE BURPEES!!!!

They are my favorite!!!

That is all!

I.Don't.Like.Them.At.All!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    bear complex > burpess.

IMO
  • staceywilk
    staceywilk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do I like burpees? NO! :noway:

Are burpees a great total body exercise? YES!

We do burpees several times a week in boot camp.

PS:
    burpees=a push up at the floor
    cherry pickers= no push up

:wink:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    UGH...burpees.

It isn't that I hate them....or love them...I just feel so darn uncoordinated when I do them. I am SLOW, or so it feels.

Thankfully I do them in the comfort and privacy of my own home so as not to injure my pride, possibly depriving society of their dose of comic-relief for the day.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    UGH...burpees.

It isn't that I hate them....or love them...I just feel so darn uncoordinated when I do them. I am SLOW, or so it feels.

Thankfully I do them in the comfort and privacy of my own home so as not to injure my pride, possibly depriving society of their dose of comic-relief for the day.

Exactly. :drinker:
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm Burpees.......... cant say I love them but woah do they give a good burn! I just added them to a 30 min workout and i was drenched. Gotta do what we gotta do! Like someone on here said...Its a love hate relationship!