Why am I always Bloated??

Options
Hey everyone just wondered if you may have an answer for me.

I am currently 124lbs and hoping to get to about 110lbs so don't have too much to loose but I am just struggling with the fact I am Bloated all the time! From the time I get out of bed in the morning to when I go to bed and I don't know why, I'm hoping someone maybe able to give me some tips on how to combat it, it's getting to me so much that I constantly walk around trying to hold my stomach in as if I don't I look about 5 months pregnant, I was even asked last week if I was expecting :0(

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of carbs? Meals that are heavier on protein seem to be much easier on digestion. Eggs and whole wheat toast or a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce cause no problems for me but give me a plate of pasta, even if it's in my calorie allowance, and I'm sure people are wondering when I'm expecting, too. Dairy could be a trigger, too.
  • brittanyking14
    Options
    I just watch my salt intake very closely. I used to have this problem but then I switched to less sodium or even sodium free foods :)
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I feel the same.

I wake up in the morning, and I LOVE how I look....Then by the evening I feel twenty stone extra again.

Food has a lot to do with it, and mostly sodium rich foods, but even if not - It could be a very slow digestive system.

My doctor suggested, obviously lots of fiber, and I know this is TMI - but laxatives are supposedly good now and then.

Lots of water.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I feel the same.

I wake up in the morning, and I LOVE how I look....Then by the evening I feel twenty stone extra again.

Food has a lot to do with it, and mostly sodium rich foods, but even if not - It could be a very slow digestive system.

My doctor suggested, obviously lots of fiber, and I know this is TMI - but laxatives are supposedly good now and then.

Lots of water.

Along with the answers you have been given...try to watch breathing...that is mouth breathing.

when you eat make sure your mouth is closed so you are not gulping in air with your food. When exercising try to breath through your nose and exhale from your mouth.

Air can be a big factor in bloating.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of carbs? Meals that are heavier on protein seem to be much easier on digestion. Eggs and whole wheat toast or a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce cause no problems for me but give me a plate of pasta, even if it's in my calorie allowance, and I'm sure people are wondering when I'm expecting, too. Dairy could be a trigger, too.

Not really I'm always below my carb goal and don't really have a lot of dairy
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If this bloating is fairly recent and you honestly don't know the reason for it, I would suggest a visit to your doctor just to rule out the possibility of illness. That being said, I sometimes get temporary bloating when I really overdo it with tons of veggies. Today I had lots of artichoke along with broccoli and carrots and I'm feeling the bloat lol.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

Two reasons may have to do with sodium intake or cabr intake. Both sodium and carbs cause your body to hold water. Drink a ton of water, lower your sodium and carbohydrate intake, and see if that helps.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    Options
    I feel the same.

Lots of water.

I have been thinking of loping along to my GP but thought they would just laugh at me and say I'm being silly, I never used to drink water at all apart from in coffee and my one glass of squash with my dinner but now I'm drinking about 5-6 glasses a day and even then that makes me feel even more bloated aggghhhh I'm so confused lol
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You might have a food sensitivity/allergy... I believe many people do, but to such a light degree they don't realize what it does to their body's ability to metabolize their food. But I'm not a doctor... just speaking from my own experience knowing people.
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Could be wheat. Check out Wheat Belly book and web site. It's in a lot of food products. I have cut out and feel so much better.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    Options
    If this bloating is fairly recent and you honestly don't know the reason for it, I would suggest a visit to your doctor just to rule out the possibility of illness. That being said, I sometimes get temporary bloating when I really overdo it with tons of veggies. Today I had lots of artichoke along with broccoli and carrots and I'm feeling the bloat lol.

It's not really a recent thing it's been more since I have had children, they are 4 and 2 someone did say it could be that my stomach muscles have been over stretched and I just need to tone them up but I don't think that is the case.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    Options
    How tall are you?

Two reasons may have to do with sodium intake or cabr intake. Both sodium and carbs cause your body to hold water. Drink a ton of water, lower your sodium and carbohydrate intake, and see if that helps.

I'm 5' 2 I am going to try and lower my sodium and see if that makes a difference.
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Could be wheat. Check out Wheat Belly book and web site. It's in a lot of food products. I have cut out and feel so much better.

Definitely. I no longer eat any grains whatsoever and the only time I ever bloat nowadays is PMS time or if I haven't been drinking enough water.
    It's a bit hard to make any good suggestions without looking at your food diary, but you may also have a food intolerance and/or gut issues. Do you take a good multi-strain probiotic?
  • GonnaBFit2510
    Options

Definitely. I no longer eat any grains whatsoever and the only time I ever bloat nowadays is PMS time or if I haven't been drinking enough water.
    It's a bit hard to make any good suggestions without looking at your food diary, but you may also have a food intolerance and/or gut issues. Do you take a good multi-strain probiotic?

I've just changed my food diary to public so feel free to take a look and see if I can make any changes.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    two words: gluten and dairy! remove those from your diet and your boating will go away. better yet, remove all grains (including corn) !!!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I've just changed my food diary to public so feel free to take a look and see if I can make any changes.

I checked back over your diary for maybe 5 days. If it is gluten then you eat no more gluten than the average person and ditto for dairy.

So all you can do if you want to check that out is exclude gluten for 3 to 4 weeks and keep dairy and then vice versa.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    Options

Definitely. I no longer eat any grains whatsoever and the only time I ever bloat nowadays is PMS The Cornwall Hotel Spa

I checked back over your diary for maybe 5 days. If it is gluten then you eat no more gluten than the average person and ditto for dairy.

So all you can do if you want to check that out is exclude gluten for 3 to 4 weeks and keep dairy and then vice versa.

Cool thanks for looking I'll give that a go and see if there is any difference
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Noticed someone mentioned wheat belly, read that
    Drink more water
    Try cutting out dairy for a bit, see if it helps
    Take vitamin D drops, it helps with digestion

Iv had stomach problems my whole life whether it be bloat or pains and 10 days ago I cut out wheat & dairy, and yep you guessed it, my stomach has never felt better!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    two words: gluten and dairy! remove those from your diet and your boating will go away. better yet, remove all grains (including corn) !!!!

These suggtions are unhelpful to someone without lactose or gluten sensitivities.

yes, these do cause bloating, but specifically to those with the issues I mentioned. OP, if you don't have gluten or lactose issues, you do not need to do this.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Look and research GERD. It didn't take much for me to realize I have it