15 pound weight loss before and after. Needing inspiration!

Options
I see a lot of wonderful before and after pics of your weight loss journeys and they are AMAZING. I was wondering if anyone out there had a small weight loss goal of like 15 pounds with before and after pics. I'm trying to lost about that much for my wedding, but I almost feel like: Will it even make a difference?

For reference: SW: 143 and GW: 128

Replies

• Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    I know you want pictures of small weigh loss but I don't have anything like that however I wanted to post my thoughts on the matter. I think as far as will it make a difference is all in your eyes. Meaning how do you feel about yourself now? I mean it's always great to eat healthy, feel better, etc but also weddings can be stressful and if your fiance fell in love with who you are now is it worth stressing yourself out trying desperately to loss weight and then getting down on yourself if you slip or don't make your goal? I say if you want to eat better or exercise and try to loss a little go for it but don't get over worried about it if it comes off or not. Trust me I've been at this for nearly a year and sometimes it comes off when you aren't even trying and sometimes it doesn't even come off when you are. Also muscle etc weights more (not sure why lol) then fat so in conclusion lol just do what feels right for you at the time. Take it day by day :)
  • isabulle13
    Options
    I have no pictures yet because I feel like it doesn't "show" when I look at them now. I wnt from 137 to 129 ish (that I don't want to log quite now because I want to make sure it stays under 130, I have been stuck at 130lbs for 2-3 weeks), but my BF tells me he can see it.

Most of all I started lifting and oh boy - even after only 2 weeks and some I see lines I had NEVER seen before, and I've been running practicing yoga etc. for the last 2 years, but it's just not "enough".

Last one - even though I still can't see it, I'm interviewing for the first time in years and took out my "interview" pants that I was so sure would never fit. I just tried them on and miracle! they fit PERFECT! And those were pants I wore 7 years ago at a lower weight - so I guess this lifting thing is really redefining my booty!

So yes, it does show. Now I don't make it about the number anymore, but I want to push to see how "fit" I can get. I'm soon to be 36 and the healthiest (not the thinnest, the healthiest :wink:) I've ever been, and that is actually pretty awesome.

My goal weight is 125 I thought - but now I will just train for strength and see where it takes me. (I'm 5'3").

Do you plan on working out?
  • sarawoodyard
    Options
    Been doing cardio 3X a week. I'll def. integrate weight training. I've also only been doing this for about a week. I'm not frustrated, I'm just impatient.
  • sr_maggie
    sr_maggie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    2 Days ago, I hit 15lbs lost! I started at 138 and I'm now at 123lb. I don't have any pictures, but I have dropped 1 whole size. It's evident in my measurements: I've lost 4.25" from my waist, 5.75" from my hips, 1" from my upper arms, and 2" in the circumference of my thighs. Most of all, I FEEL so much better not carrying around those 15lbs. It doesn't seem like much, but I think you'll find that you will love that it's gone!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!