Fast food smelled weird

Options
hipsgalore
hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
All,
Just wanted to share this. On my way home, I ended up driving by two fast food restaurants. I had to take a different path home today because of the awful traffic, I'm sure some of you know how that is. Well, As I drove by the first one, nice day today so I had my windows down, I thought, wow, that smells so greasy and it reminds me of the church basement, you know on those days where they had fried chicken dinners? If you live in the south, you may be more familiar with that. So, then I drove by the second fast food restaurant, same thing. It also smelled like grease, like fried chicken dinner in a church basement. This was just strange to me, because normally, fast food used to smell good and was very tempting. Today it smelled , in a word "gross". I hope this continues because I feel so much better eating healthier and fixing my own lunches and dinners. Sorry for all the run-on sentences but when writing, that is just how everything came out. Just my 2 cents on my journey to health. Ta, Ta.

Replies

106246 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have turned the corner to a healthy lifestyle!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    My yogurts have been tasting WAY too sweet lately and normally I wouldn't be able to get enough sugar. Isn't it funny how our senses change?
  • angyltears
    angyltears Posts: 57
    Options
    I know what you mean! My normal healthier food used to be "gross" to me, but now when I eat I actually enjoy the flavor and even very simple meals get my mouth watering! Probably helps that I'm actually hungry instead of just bored.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience the other day walking past McDonalds. I have never been a huge fan of McDs, but now it just smells nasty!
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The sweet smell of success! (Salad and grilled lean chicken without the skin!) Hahaha! Thats progress for sure!

COOOOOOOOOOL! :o)
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    On a side note, I've noticed that the McD's nearby has started smelling like that lately, and last time I was there I asked off hand if they'd changed their oil, and they had switched to that "healthier" oil that makes the fries taste funky.

Not that THAT's stuff going in my mouth anytime soon, but there's my 2 cents. :smile:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. That is exactly what I smell now and puts me off going in.

There are only one food smell that still get my body craving...bacon being cooked :devil:

So far I haven't weakened and got one but boy, the smell of bacon sure is a hard one to resist!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    If I have had a meal in the last few hours, then the smell of KFC etc makes me feel sick!

If I am really hungry however, the smell still makes me hungry.

Chinese food seems to smell nice, whether I am hungry or not though, but at least there is a wider range of healthy choices there, than Mcds and KFC

But fries always seem to smell nicer than they taste, so it's not worth it :)
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    There are only one food smell that still get my body craving...bacon being cooked :devil:

So far I haven't weakened and got one but boy, the smell of bacon sure is a hard one to resist!

Turkey bacon! Not quite the same but good!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny now that we don't eat fries they don't really taste good? I'll have one or two of my husband's and all it does is make me realize that I don't really like the taste of them. But if we start eating them every day then we just want more.