ALWAYS Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• hibahnadine
    Options
    when you are hungry drink a glass of water, this is more healthy than a snack and will fill you up a bit. :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Honestly - less cereal bars and way way more veggies - try stir-fries, homemade veggie soup, I love scrambled eggs with veggies and salsa for breakfast. Try a banana and an apple instead of a luna bar.

You are hungry because you are wasting the few calories you have on rubbish food.

Sorry to be harsh.

I get what you are saying, but after taking a peak at your diary, how is your bread roll a better option than my luna bar?

I left for work at 6am - didn't get to eat brekkie until 9am at work and that was all I could grab - it's also better as it's actual food, it also kept me full until lunch. Plus my wholemeal bread roll came with sausage, your luna bar came with coffee and liquid, not very filling.

Also I have a sausage balm about twice a month.

EDIT: oh and it was delicious :happy:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's food you're hungry for? Sometimes I'm so hungry that I can't stand it, but I've learned that it's not for food. I need a nap or a walk or a diversion, maybe a chance to express myself creatively, maybe something fun instead of constant work-work-work.

I noticed awhile back that snacks stimulated my appetite, so I divide my daily calories among 4 meals - 3 hours apart (8, 11, 2, after 5). I'm more interested in eating late in the day so my early meals are on the light side (usually).

Good luck! I think we all have battles like this.

Also, you might need to up your calorie limit a bit, from trying to lose 2 pounds per week to 1.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You only Eat between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I would think about food constantly too. Eat more.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I eat sunflower seeds on my drive home so that I don't just gobble up granola bars the whole way. Takes time to eat them so you can only eat so many calories. Probably not good if you have issues with sodium.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    A few things:

1) Raise your calorie goal. With not that much to lose, you don't need an aggressive goal. Set your goal to 1 pound per week max.

2) More real food. Instead of a 190 calorie candy bar (Luna), have a slice of whole wheat toast with some peanut butter and a piece of fruit. Instead of the Lean Cuisine, have a few ounces of lean protein with as much veggies as you want and a little oil added.

3) Stop snacking. Use the calories from the snacks to add quality calories to your meals. You may do better having 3 good sized meals instead of a bunch of low calorie meals all day long. Realize that snacking can also be a habit and it's really easy to convince yourself that you are hungry, but if you make a plan and stick to it, after a while you should notice that you don't need to snack as often.

Honestly, I think #2 will show you the most benefits. Even if you only replace half of your processed foods with whole foods, especially lean proteins and veggies, you should notice a difference in how full you feel.
  • jenlogan1275
    jenlogan1275 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is helpful, thank you for the information. After I complete my cardio I am starving and good thing I come back to my office or I would eat everything in my house. I try to drink a lot of water to make me feel not so starving. I am a snacker also. Thank you for the ideas.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just want to second the comment about tea. I make 2 travel mugs of decaf green tea in the morning. I take one on the road with me and save one for later. It really helps me with my cravings!
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I always take 3 snacks with me to work as I boredom eat. One of my favourites is a sliced apple with 25g cheddar cheese. The apple is crunchy and the fat and protein in the cheese is satisfying. And because its sliced its a good 15 minutes of nibbling :laugh: I don't know your stats so I wouldn't dream of commenting on your calorie goal, but I found I am a lot less hungry setting my goal at tdee - 20%.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You only Eat between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I would think about food constantly too. Eat more.

THIS. You are too young to be going this low and stay healthy.

Ditch the coffee creamer and go black with stevia and have a cheese stick. Or instead of creamer add some chocolate protein whey. Trail mix is good if you eat more than 1,400 but with lower calories it is not filling enough. For low cal snack good for protein and fiber to keep you fuller longer have Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt with berries and stevia.
  • laurenislost
    laurenislost Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I can so relate to this. I have been doing INSANITY workouts, and technically to maintain my weight I could eat around 2100, obviously I want to lose weight so I try to bring it down to about 1500, but it seems like my appetite is way more than I anticipated. I have been switching out the diet coke for water, but I kinda want to cry because I am so hungry!!
  • Brujah1981
    Brujah1981 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1300-1400 a day. I try and snack a bit each day too. Things I've found to help get me through to my meals:

Pickles - 0 calories (high sodium though)
    Special K Chips - These are delicious
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownie - This gets me my chocolate fix and helps make sure I'm getting enough Fiber, which helps make you full.
    Indian Take Out - If only I could cook this stuff on my own. Studies have shown that foods high in capsacin(sp?) keep you full longer. That's the oil in peppers btw. So really any spicy food that's using peppers will help keep you full. And for me, I can get a container of food and a cup and a half of rice for about 800 calories. Granted that's more than half my food for the day, but that's my lunch and it keeps me full to the point where I normally have a light snack for dinner.

Also, if you're just eating what your family tells you to make them, you will probably need to adjust what you cook for your family, or make yourself something else. You can try portion control, but depending on what you make that may not be feasible.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    but I kinda want to cry because I am so hungry!!

Eat more - if you are that hungry you are not doing your body any good at all.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Try eating adequate amounts of nutrient dense foods (healthy fat!). No more need to struggle with hunger, eat constantly, or "fill up" on low calorie foods. Your body is trying to tell you something; it needs some nutrients besides carbohydrates. EAT.
  • lismchp
    Options
    Are you sure it's food you're hungry for? Sometimes I'm so hungry that I can't stand it, but I've learned that it's not for food. I need a nap or a walk or a diversion, maybe a chance to express myself creatively, maybe something fun instead of constant work-work-work.

I noticed awhile back that snacks stimulated my appetite, so I divide my daily calories among 4 meals - 3 hours apart (8, 11, 2, after 5). I'm more interested in eating late in the day so my early meals are on the light side (usually).

Good luck! I think we all have battles like this.

Also, you might need to up your calorie limit a bit, from trying to lose 2 pounds per week to 1.

My goal on here is one pound a week? It tells me that if i eat 1200 calories a day, will loose .8lbs a week. I have to mention, i sit at a desk all day so thats one of the reasons i think mfp calculated that i should only have that many a day.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    but I kinda want to cry because I am so hungry!!

Eat more - if you are that hungry you are not doing your body any good at all.

Eat more. I did the 1200 calories or less for about three weeks and didn't lose much. I increased my calories to 1600 and I started losing.
  • kfitz85
    kfitz85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's something wrong with the calculator if it's telling you that you should eat 1200-1300 calories. 1200 calories a day is what's required to keep a coma patient at the same weight. It's the amount of food required to keep your organs from failing. Even if you sit all day, the energy you spend walking to the restroom or to your car is going to require a bit more than 1200 calories.

From your picture, you don't appear to be overweight at all. It could be that you're at nearly your ideal body weight and the only way to lose .5 pounds a week is to starve yourself.

I've been having the same hunger issues for a few weeks now, and I had to come to terms with the fact that I've pretty much hit my weight loss goal and the only way I'm going to lose more weight is if I ramp up exercise. I can't starve myself.