where to measure??

Options
Okay so I feel like I'm loosing more inches then lbs right now which is fine but I really don't know how acurate my measurements are. Where is you waist?? I have measurements that read (at belly button) above belly button and bellow belly button (aka baby pouch) But when recording it says waist and when buying cloths you go buy waist. so Where is my waist?? Also HIps do you measure sort of in the middle?? (sort of above your butt crack?? lol sorry for the mental image but it was the only one I could come up with) and thigh, is it the upper middle? sort of thicker part or up near the crotch.

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Above belly button for waist....under your rib cage.
    Hips are where your hip bones are, and unfortunately where your baby pooch is too.
    You can measure at the saddle bags too if you like, and don't forget to measure your chest, which for some reason is not on here.
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Rebecca__Lynn Posts: 114
    Options
    Kim...you make me laugh!! You know when I measure....I kind of find a defining place so I can try and stay exact each time...because yeah you could easily vary the location enough each time to create a big difference.... so like "waist"...Note: right at top of belly button....or "right on that mole on my side" lolol Just using examples of course....but you get the jist...just make a note at where you're measurements are taken..be descriptive and you're sure to measure at the same spot each time.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Yes I've been using "markers" like below belly button AKA baby pouch ect. I'll keep using the same measurement areas but its nice to know where my waist is suppose to be :)
  • kewlbuttons
    kewlbuttons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I only really know where to find you're waist. Bend to the side and where ever the crease is, is your waist. As for hips, when I went to curves they measured the fullest part of my tummy. :ohwell: so that one is always bad. lol As for thigh, I just pick the fattest part. Also you can edit what measurments you do. I added one that is "were I wear my pants" . Hope this helps a bit. :smile: