Motivational pictures?

Options
Which do you use? Pictures of what you WANT to look like or pictures of what you DONT want to look like? Do you use pictures of yourself or pictures of others? Where do you put the pictures?

Replies

• cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have pictures of me at my goal weight along with pictures of me at many weights in-between. That way, I can look at the next goal (270) and think, "Hey! That's what I'm going to look like when I lose another 40 pounds." Sometimes I look at pictures of myself at 165 and think, "I can't believe I thought I was a cow. I looked great!" Then I get really excited about being 165 again (or even just getting under 200).

I use pictures of myself because then I KNOW that's what I'll look like. There's no denying what I'll look like at 270, 240, 200, 170. I can't compare myself to other people online because I can't be sure that's how I'll turn out.

The pictures are in a folder on my desktop. I don't keep them where I can see them because that actually discourages me. I'm a super-impatient person, so any time I look forward to something, I actually have to hide pictures of it from myself, whether it's a trip or whatever. I get so "WANT THAT" that it's hard to focus on right now.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures of me at my best weight through the years. But I also look at pictures of people who are fitter than me, especially those around my height and age.
  • lovingmommy_of1
    lovingmommy_of1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's great! I don't have any pictures of me at my goal weight because I was pregnant during it. I was 120ish lbs before I got pregnant and think thats too small to be now. I get discouraged easy too but when I see pictures of how BIG I am, I kick it into high gear to not have to see it anymore. I love hearing what works for others in hopes of finding something that will work for me too!
  • NeptuneTang
    Options
    I do look at pictures of other people. I look for women that are a similar height and age and I especially like to look at mothers (no 17 yo's please!)
    Here is the one I'm using now.

http://www.weightlossphotos.net/jillian-michaels-weight-loss-success-story-293/
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!!! I totally look at my "before" pics when I need motivation now. I know that if I ever quit working out, I would go right back to looking that way and I hated myself so much when I was that size. But when I first decided to lose the weight, I looked at pics of myself at a healthy weight, looking happy and that helped me get to where I wanted to be.
  • lovingmommy_of1
    lovingmommy_of1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!!! I totally look at my "before" pics when I need motivation now. I know that if I ever quit working out, I would go right back to looking that way and I hated myself so much when I was that size. But when I first decided to lose the weight, I looked at pics of myself at a healthy weight, looking happy and that helped me get to where I wanted to be.

WOOHOO KIM! I have a 'fat' picture that you wouldnt believe is me. I took it after I gained that 4lbs that put me over 200lbs last week. In a month, I will take another picture to see where I'm at.
    You look fantastic hun....I must not be feeding you enough ;) haha.
    My 'before' pictures were from before I was pregnant. I am excited to see what I will look like when I get to my goal weight.