Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight loss community

Hi there! My name is Ruthie. I joined MFP awhile ago and then promptly forgot about it. About a week ago I was inspired to try again so here I am. Tomorrow it will be one week since I started taking this seriously, and it will also be my first weigh in, which I am a little nervous about.
I realized today that it is hard for me to tell my friends and family about MFP and weight loss in general because none of them are actively trying to lose weight. I see how people talk on the message boards and I want to build a community here, with you, because you get it. I like the idea of motivating each other mostly anonymously, but really bonding over our shared goal to be healthy and in shape.
That's all for now! If you want to be my "friend" on here, I will gladly accept :smile:

Replies

• hi! I did the same thing, and I just got back into it too! I hope I can actually be more healthy and stick to it this time! I was thinking of trying water fasting to start off so my system gets cleared then eat healthy for good. How tall are you? What are you like?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!!

:heart: LOVE Your Baby Turtles, Puggzley!!!!
  • Thanks its a cute picture, and congrats on your weight loss (170, wow!)
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Welcome!!!! :D You should def stay :) This totally changed my life, even when my friends and family quit doing it with me.