It's been 27 days and I'm losing my enthusiasm!!!

Options
Well - it's like anything isn't it? A child with a new toy, an adult with a new car...Anything new we want to play with, spend time with and totally commit ourselves to it!
This "healthy eating, healthy me" is just like that new toy - except - the new toy is not so new anymore and it's losing its lustre!
No, no, I've not "cheated" on my eating plan but I have started thinking about it too often. I've been eating extremely well and I'm happy with my progress so far but every once and awhile that chocolate monster beckons to me. I do my best to quiet it's voice but it can no longer be fooled with another glass of water!
I know that first few pounds that seemed to slide off my mid-section was a lot of water weight too. We all know that - and we all get fooled by it! Now the weight isn't so quick at coming off and we all know that's a good thing too - but it doesn't help us in this struggle to overcome the "giving up" faze.
So what can I do? What will I do? What should I do?
WHAT I CAN DO?: Be positive and stay focused on my goals, I'm not looking to be the next Miss Universe but just looking to be a better me health wise.
WHAT WILL I DO?: It's time to up the excersise. I've had more energy over the past 27 days and have been doing things I like, crafting, decorating, shopping and volunteering my time to many organizations in my hometown. I guess it's time to start volunteering some of that time and energy to treadmill that lays "dormant" in the basement!
WHAT SHOULD I DO?: I will review my eating diary and if need be - re-adjust and call for a "mulligan". I will begin walking on the treadmill in addition to walking the dog. I will remain positive and have a great outlook during this journey. I will look forward to spring and getting back into the garden! I will be HAPPY with my progress so far and know that although it may be a long road - it is certainly worth the walk!

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You've lost 22 lbs! That's awesome!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First off! Congrats on 22 lbs lost! That is fantastic!

Secondly, we all hit that little bump. What can you do about it? You just gotta fight through it! Healthy eating, portion control, moderation and substitution is key. If you can't find a healthy sub for what you are craving. I.e. Swap Ice Cream for Yogurt(Regular or Frozen) Swap French fries for Sweet potato, etc. Then just allow yourself to have that one thing. Moderation and portion control. If you're craving chocolate and can't get over the craving, then have a square of chocolate!

If you're doing it right 85% of the time then your good! That remaining 15% is not going to hurt you.

Good luck and keep it up!! :)
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get rid of the sweet cravings with chocolate soy milk. Only a cup though because the carbs are pretty high.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You have done well so far. We all have flat days and weeks. But everyday remember you are a lot lighter than you were in September!

But also remember that your goal for February is ???
    And March is February minus ???

Never give up

Good luck
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss has been fantastic. I'll tell you something its taken me years to learn..... theres no such thing as motivation or willpower... its just a day by day process, no matter whether you feel great or crappy. You just do it.
    Thats literally all there is to it. Anyone who says that religiously watching what you eat and going without everything you are used to having isnt a miserable exeprience half the time is lying... BUT if we dont want to be overweight then we just need to make the decision to walk the baby steps that will lead us to where we want to go.
    Dont give up!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on your accomplishments to date. If you set small performance goals, I think you'll be shocked at where it leads you.
  • cardoza2011
    Options
    I understand I'm there too, but I just take each day and say today I can do it. I can't think past today because I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like. So focus on one day at a time and before we know it next time this year will be different.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Day 400 for me.
    It's not always easy, and it's not always fun. And yes, you'll have setbacks.
    But if you give up now, you'll never succeed.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up if you have a minor slip up, the important part is that you keep going. You dont have to be perfect all the time, you just have to keep going. Slow progress is still progress. If I dont work a small treat into my calories, I go CRAZY. Tonight I had some chocolate chips and a few teddy grahms (haha, can you tell I have kids). I was still under calories, ate well the rest of the day, and exercised, so today was a success. Dont give up and dont try to be perfect 100% of the time. You can do this, you have done great so far!!!
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't want to get shot or anything but 1 meal isn't going to set you back 22 lbs. I have been doing great. Have a nice dinner one night log it for what it is and go back to the healthy eating the next day. Enjoy it and then go another 27ish days and do it again if you feel like it.
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For sweet cravings I mix some Cocao powder (in bulk at most health food stores), stevia, and greek yogurt. High protein and tastes like chocolate pudding!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you taking photos along your weight loss journey so you can compare them??? It'll help to keep you motivated.
  • Iceman420
    Options
    It's day 35 for me, and I've had my share of bad days. It's hard to stay motivated. But so far I'm still pushing on. Good luck with your journey :)