I need help!

Options
Hey, ive never posted asking for friends, but I feel like at this point, i really need some friends who are willing to kick my butt when i do something wrong! :P

My diary is open to friends, but a lot of my friends right now are inactive or just swarmed with other stuff and I want some motivational friends who don't mind giving advice!

Ive been at it for something like 50-55 days straight but i havent been losing for the past couple of weeks and i am furious...and upset...and disappointed.

I'd love to have friends who are eating at a healthy deficit but also exercising!

Replies

• petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request.

My diary is public and I actually log everything properly now. We will see in a couple weeks if my method is going to work.

Having support here has been more helpful than I can explain.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are pretty common. Your body is adjusting to a new low set point. Be patient. There are things you can do to jump start your weight loss again, if it goes another week or two with no change. You can stagger the calories... more some days, less other days. You can increase your workouts, either length of time or adding more weights when strength training. You might want to change the workout routine altogether. Bodies get bored and get stubborn after awhile when they adjust to a new normal. They're designed to hang on to fat stores, so we have to coax them to let go. Do something different! Just remember, plateus are a great way to realize that you're at a new LOWER normal. :)
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    thanks for your words.... didnt think a body could plateau after only 4 lbs, i think im just not working hard enough because im not being held accountable by anyone except my scale
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Let me know if I can help. Just send a request. I have been logging diet and workouts on MFP for 180+ days straight and had logged using Lose It app for a year before that. I have learned alot in the past 18 months and willing to give any advice I can. I've dealt with several plateaus and learned how to tweak my calories to jump start another drop.
  • Tundra9850
    Options
    let me know if i can help

Life is not about what you could do, it’s about what you will do. Write this down: “My life has unlimited possibilities.” Choose to find these possibilities in everything that comes your way, and no problem will ever be able to conquer you.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    thanks for your words.... didnt think a body could plateau after only 4 lbs, i think im just not working hard enough because im not being held accountable by anyone except my scale

oops, sorry I didn't realize it was 4 pounds total in that length of time. Ok, it's probably not a plateau.
  • kpringlechip
    kpringlechip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I knew how to request you I would however-- I haven't figured this thing out yet. but--I'm in the same boat you are in. I think with added support the journey would be alot easier.