what to cook??

Options
i accidentally posted this in the wrong forum so im going to repost it in here:

hi, im new to cooking ... and im very very limited on what i know how to cook... so im here to ask yall if you dont mind sharing a view easy to make lunches and/or dinners...
*note: if you have healthy meals that a picky eater will possibly eat with me those would be lovely* lol my boyfriends a picky eater ;)

Replies

• tashaboo00
    tashaboo00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorites: Broiled Parmesan-Lemon Tilapia

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 25 Minutes
    Servings: 4

"Light tilapia fillets are coated with a seasoned Parmesan cheese spread and broiled to golden brown for a quick and tasty meal."
    Ingredients:
    4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
    2 tablespoons Miami-style sazon
    seasoning (sazon completa)
    1 serving olive oil cooking spray (such
    as PAM®)
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons butter-margarine blend
    (such as Smart Balance®), melted 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
    (such as Kraft®)
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
    1/8 teaspoon dried basil
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon celery salt

Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Spray the broiler pan's rack with olive oil cooking spray.
    2. Sprinkle tilapia with sazon seasoning and arrange on the prepared broiler rack.
    3. Mix the Parmesan cheese, butter-margarine blend, fat-free mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, black pepper, onion powder, and celery salt together in a bowl and set aside.
    4. Cook the fillets under the preheated broiler until fish is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread the Parmesan cheese blend over the fish fillets, return to oven, and continue cooking until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 3 to 5 more minutes.

Nutrition
    Calories 213 kcal
    11% Carbohydrates 2.5 g
    < 1% Cholesterol 51 mg
    17% Fat 10.1 g
    16% Fiber 0.2 g
    < 1% Protein 26.9 g
    54% Sodium 559 mg
    22% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
    See More
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like easy easy things. This is mine and my boyfriends fav and he is a picky eater to.

Coke Cola Chicken

put chicken breasts in slow cooker
    1 can of reg coke or 16 or so ounces.

cook all day about 30min before you eat take from slow cooker to large skillet. cook down the coke till you have a thick gravy it is sooooooo goooood.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    How about a good old salad. My favorite leaves to use are arugula. Take some arugula and add a few strawberries and slices of tomatoe to it and a hand full of almonds. Add your favorite dressing on it and voila. Dinner!!!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This one is really easy and has healthy fats from the avocado. It's good too if you shred the chicken up and use it as taco filling.

Cayenne Chicken with Avocado Salsa
    Ingredients
    • Coarse salt and ground pepper
    • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 medium red onion, finely diced
    • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    • 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
    Directions
    1. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
    2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
    3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa.
  • TheGoryTeapot
    TheGoryTeapot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick and tasty sandwich I like to make. It's great for breakfast, but will work nicely for lunch too.

Bacon Egg And Cheese Sandwich: 327 calories
    Ingredients:
    3 egg whites
    1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce (I use Bragg Liquid Amino Acids)
    1 tsp Mirin
    Dash garlic powder
    Dash onion powder
    2 slices turkey bacon
    2 slices wheat bread
    1 slice white american wheese
    half cup baby spinach
    1 tbs ketchup (optional)

1. Combine egg whites with mirin, soy sauce, garlic and onion. Scramble in a small nonstick pan over medium heat (that way, no added oil is required)
    2. As the eggs cook, microwave the turkey bacon between two sheets of paper towel (about 2.5 mins or until crispy) and toast the bread
    3. Break the turkey bacon into 4 equal pieces and layer it on to the sandwich with the egg, cheese, spinach, and ketchup.

Like I said, very simple...and it's a big hit with my picky family :)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    buy frozen broccoli. put into microwave safe bowl, cover in saran wrap and nuke for anywhere btwn 5-10 mins. start @ 5 n check for your desired level of crispness and your microwave. toppings i like are teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, s&p, or spray butter

buy frozen green beans and beef or ham bullion. water+bullion+onion n garlic powder. boil green beans for 10 mins or until desired crispness/tenderness

both of these veggies are quick, go w everything, and are very low cal

do u know how to bake or microwave a baked potato? one of those w salsa, lil plain yogurt, a piece of bacon crumbled (any leftover meat really) plus a cup of broccoli is fantastic meal.