Eating Exercise Calories next day?

Options
Do you have to eat your exercise calories in the same day for it to be effective?

I exercised yesterday afternoon, but was under my calorie goal for the day. Was busy and didn't have a chance to eat much.

Is it such a far stretch to just eat the calories today?

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i don't think it matters, i would consider it cal cycling...which someone else can speak more to, or you can google it
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure either but it would be interesting to find out

I think I have heard it being discussed on here before and think that most people will advise to avoid it...not sure why though.
    I've heard it's okay to do it every so often, but now on a regular basis.

Hope you get the answers you need :flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I've heard it's the weekly total that counts so honestly if you eat them early in the day, I don't think it'll hurt anything.
  • Firefrog76
    Firefrog76 Posts: 45
    Options
    Eating calories the next day is fine, the body doesn't work on a set 24 hour period of time. It's how your calories in and calories out average over time. As long as you don't make it a habit of eating higher in calories all the time, then you'll be fine. A lot of people use calorie cycling to keep their metabolism higher and to keep their body guessing and to avoid "starvation mode" or plateauing.

I think it's not advised here because it'd be harder to keep track of since your calorie deficit doesn't carry over from day to day on the tracker. But if you can keep it straight in your head and don't let going over your calories on the tracker get to you, then it's fine to do.
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I actually have an excel sheet on my computer with all the final numbers on it. And it totals on Thursday night, since I weigh in on Friday mornings. This was I can see what my calorie deficet was for the week and how it compares to what I am actually down, SO I look at the weekly total all together....
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    I actually have an excel sheet on my computer with all the final numbers on it. And it totals on Thursday night, since I weigh in on Friday mornings. This was I can see what my calorie deficet was for the week and how it compares to what I am actually down, SO I look at the weekly total all together....

How did you set your spreadsheet up? This is something I'm interested in doing too.