Training for a Warrior Dash / Spartan Run ....

Options
So, I've decided to compete in a Warrior Dash or Spartan Run. I say compete loosely, I think "complete" would be more accurate. Is anyone else training for a Warrior Dash or anything else like that. I'd like to to gain some supporters / motivators for this training phase. Hit me up with a friend request. Thanks.

Replies

• thinagain2011
    thinagain2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I participated in the warrior dash last year. So much fun!!! I wasn't competing by any means but still a fun experience. Good luck training!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im doing a Spartan Race in about 3 weeks, my training consists of bootcamp twice a week, running and weights.

I know im going to have issues with some of the obstacles as I'm not that strong (can only bench press about 40kg/88lbs) and cant do a pull up to save myself - but i figure it will be fun.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Rugged Maniac in May so yeah, should be interesting. Part of me wants to really train and kick some tail and then the other part of me just wants to stay in my group and just have fun. I am also training for a 1/2 in April so running, I am good. Also trying to do lots of strength so I don't have to have help on any obstacles
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I did one last year. It was disappointingly easy, but the atmosphere still made it a ton of fun!
  • MarkM2225
    MarkM2225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to it. Ican't wait!