difference between turbo fire and chalene extreme

Options
anyone who has done these have any thoughts what is the difference betweeen the two? would either be better for getting lean and tone over the other one? kind of a pricey investment...want to make sure to make the right decision..doing jillian michaels dvd's now but getting bored and thinking I need something more..not to say they aren't good workouts or that I don't find parts of them challenging because I definitely do.,but I'd like to do more with weights...

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed them but I do own them both, ChaLean is almost entirely weights, great for firming up, Turbofire is just cardio - great for quick fat loss.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    there is a hybrid schedule, turbofire is all cardio and chalean is all strength training
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered Chalene Extreme I was told that it is a workout with weights, I have Turbo Fire and it is all Cardio and a lot of fun.
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    You can look on iOffer.com for good deals.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yup I'll be doing them both in 14 weeks when I'm finished turbo fire. I wouldn't say turbo fire is just cardio for weight loss, there is a lot of work with resistance bands. If you are looking for cardio and resistance, toning up and losing body fat I would go with turbo fire. If you are looking for only toning I would go with chalean.
    I did jillians 30 day shred and saw little results compared with turbo fire. Turbo is about 1 HR a day, 6 days a week,
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I lost 41 lbs with Turbo Fire the first go round. I just got Chalean Extreme in the mail today so i will be doing the hybrid to get the best of both worlds!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    These are my 2 favorite programs!! I have done probably 6 rounds Chalean Extreme and several rounds of Turbofire. I especially love combining the 2 programs doing Chalean strength 3 days/week, then Turbofire the other 2/3 days.

Chalean Extreme is HEAVY lifting, like the heaviest weight you can lift within 8-12 reps. I have seen the best results from this program and highly recommend it!!
    Turbofire is mostly cardio, with some resistance training. Super fun, great music!

You can't really go wrong with either one!!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want ChaLEAN Extreme - it's focus is heavy lifting with weights (or bands if you prefer). It also has a few cardio classes that are like boot camp or interval training (not dance-y or choreographed like Turbo Fire).

They are both GREAT and FUN programs though. I highly recommend getting them both - yes they are pricey but those two DVD sets have been the BEST investment I've made towards reaching my goals! I heart Chalene!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    These are my 2 favorite programs!! I have done probably 6 rounds Chalean Extreme and several rounds of Turbofire. I especially love combining the 2 programs doing Chalean strength 3 days/week, then Turbofire the other 2/3 days.

Chalean Extreme is HEAVY lifting, like the heaviest weight you can lift within 8-12 reps. I have seen the best results from this program and highly recommend it!!
    Turbofire is mostly cardio, with some resistance training. Super fun, great music!

You can't really go wrong with either one!!

If you are wanting to tone, build muscle, go with ChaLEAN Extreme!!! :)
  • jhedeen
    jhedeen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just finished Turbo Fire and am on my second week of Chalene Extreme..LOVE both, I for sure feel muscles I've never felt before!
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    I LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme. Its NOT all weights, it's a lot of weights, but it's three days of weights, 2 days of her aerobics, which is similar to Turbofire, Turbojam. Serious muscle building - but not in a gross man way. Revvvvs your metabolism, which is good if you want to eat more =) haha