birthday cake/dessert?

Options
My birthday is Saturday. Usually I get a slice of chocolate eruption cheesecake from pizza delight and eat 1/2 one day, and 1/2 the next day (it's very rich), but it's 818 calories per slice!! EKKKKK..... I could just say screw it since I order it ONCE a year lol, and it is split between 2 sittings. My other thought was maybe blueberry pie since I LOVE blueberries, but it's February so finding it might be a bit difficult lol.

But anyway, suggestions? :)

Replies

• IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday! Have your cake and eat it too :)
  • bartman52
    bartman52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Get the cake, but eat it over four days.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My birthday is saturday too, btw how old ?Il be 29 and apparently I will never get any older lol had to since we share a birthday and aquarians rock:):smile:
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    get it and share with about 4 or 5 people -- go for it!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Im eating cake just in moderation and if I eat less calories earlier in the day I can stock pile for later.I have to eat cake its not a birthday w/o :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Have your cake! Share it with someone special!

Oh....and Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'd say have your cake! It's only once a year, just eat sensibly for the rest of your meals those days :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My birthday is Saturday. Usually I get a slice of chocolate eruption cheesecake from pizza delight and eat 1/2 one day, and 1/2 the next day (it's very rich), but it's 818 calories per slice!! EKKKKK..... I could just say screw it since I order it ONCE a year lol, and it is split between 2 sittings. My other thought was maybe blueberry pie since I LOVE blueberries, but it's February so finding it might be a bit difficult lol.

But anyway, suggestions? :)

Why is it always all or nothing (I know I'm that way). It's taken time, but I'm learning that no one ever said I have to eat the whole thing. Take a few bites, pay the bill and leave the restaurant. Problem solved. :drinker:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I vote to just eat it! My birthday is in two weeks, and I am already having cake day dreams... googling cakes, ugh. cake is my ultimate weakness! I plan to eat waaay too much and not feel guilty. I say you should do the same! :flowerforyou:
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday fellow aquarian!

Your birthday only comes once a year. Celebrate it! One day doesn't make or break healthy living. It's staying on track to accomodate the splurge.

Go ahead Get the chocolate decadent piece of cake and do what you always do. Eat it over 2 days. Plus, If you get the blueberry pie - you're gonna wish you got the choco cake so the day after or even a few days later you're gonna get a piece of that cake you missed out on. Then you'll be trying to burn off choco cake and blueberry pie ;)

Maybe this year you do a new fitness birthday challenge - do a trailrun on your birthday; run 1/2 mile for every year [12.5 miles ;) you're young you can do it; do 10 sit ups for each year... walk x # stairs... its your birthday and you get to decide.
  • bsibbs
    Options
    Well, if you dont want the guilt from it how about a cupcake recipe that is:
    calories: 109
    fat: 2g
    sodim:230mg
    carbs: 21g
    fiber: 0.75g
    sugars: 12.5g
    protein: 2g

Chocolate Marshmellow MadnessCupcakes (serves 12)

Ingredients:

For Cupcakes:
    -2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix
    -one packet of diet hot coccoa mix
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
    1 T splenda
    1/8 t salt

For Glaze:
    -1/4 cup jet-puffed marshmallow creme
    -1 t light vanilla soymilk

For Topping:
    -1 T mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    12 mini marshmallows

Directions:
    preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a tall glass combine cocoa mix with 1/4 cup hot water. Stir until it is dissolved then add 1 cup cold water.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, splenda, and salt. Add egg substitute and cocoa mixture then wisk until smooth.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and evenly distribute the mixture.

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake. Remove from oven and let cool.

To prepare glaze, place marshmallow creme in a small dish and add vanilla soymilk, mixing well.

Once cupcakes have cooled completely, drizzle marshmallow glaze over them. Top each cupcakes with 1 marshmallow and sprinkle on chocolate chips. Refridgerate until ready to serve.

Hope that helps! Happy Early Birthday!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    My birthday is saturday too, btw how old ?Il be 29 and apparently I will never get any older lol had to since we share a birthday and aquarians rock:):smile:

Happy birthday to you as well!!! :D I will be 26 saturday :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    Well, if you dont want the guilt from it how about a cupcake recipe that is:
    calories: 109
    fat: 2g
    sodim:230mg
    carbs: 21g
    fiber: 0.75g
    sugars: 12.5g
    protein: 2g

Chocolate Marshmellow MadnessCupcakes (serves 12)

Ingredients:

For Cupcakes:
    -2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix
    -one packet of diet hot coccoa mix
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
    1 T splenda
    1/8 t salt

For Glaze:
    -1/4 cup jet-puffed marshmallow creme
    -1 t light vanilla soymilk

For Topping:
    -1 T mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    12 mini marshmallows

Directions:
    preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a tall glass combine cocoa mix with 1/4 cup hot water. Stir until it is dissolved then add 1 cup cold water.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, splenda, and salt. Add egg substitute and cocoa mixture then wisk until smooth.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and evenly distribute the mixture.

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake. Remove from oven and let cool.

To prepare glaze, place marshmallow creme in a small dish and add vanilla soymilk, mixing well.

Once cupcakes have cooled completely, drizzle marshmallow glaze over them. Top each cupcakes with 1 marshmallow and sprinkle on chocolate chips. Refridgerate until ready to serve.

Hope that helps! Happy Early Birthday!

Thanks!! I think I will have to save this recipe, sounds yummy :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    I think I will do what I do each year and split the cake between 2 or 3 days, making it last longer and not depriving myself of my yearly tradition :happy:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes :heart:
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Share it with someone instead of eating an entire 800+ cal slice (no matter how many days you eat it over)
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and I hope you enjoy your cake!

Remember this is a lifestyle change and has gotta be sustainable I.e, there's gotta be some cake!
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    BLIZZARD .... nope not a Dairy Queen Blizzard cake, an actual blizzard.... So no chocolate eruption cheesecake for me :( But tomorrow, I am so getting cake! lol.