Unexpected NSV

Options
After I got out of the bath tonight I sat on the floor with my legs stretched out in front of me and then casually put my left foot flat across the top of my right thigh so that I could cut my toenails. It was only when I got half way through that I realised what I was doing - performing a manoevre that I haven't been able to do for at least five years, and certainly couldn't do this time last month. I was so stunned that I decided to reverse the procedure to see if it was now possible to do the other foot the same way too again, and it was just as easy.

It might not seem like much, but my lack of flexibilty combined with my short-sightedness has meant that doing my toenails in recent years saw lots of cursing, quick stabs, stabbed quicks and nail polish that looked like it had been applied in the dark by a chimp wearing boxing gloves. This was something I was kind of resigned to for life, and instead I'm looking forward to a summer of blingy toenail art now, rhinestones and all. Bring it on :)

Replies

• candirose69
    Options
    AWESOME NSV!!!!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    After I got out of the bath tonight I sat on the floor with my legs stretched out in front of me and then casually put my left foot flat across the top of my right thigh so that I could cut my toenails. It was only when I got half way through that I realised what I was doing - performing a manoevre that I haven't been able to do for at least five years, and certainly couldn't do this time last month. I was so stunned that I decided to reverse the procedure to see if it was now possible to do the other foot the same way too again, and it was just as easy.

It might not seem like much, but my lack of flexibilty combined with my short-sightedness has meant that doing my toenails in recent years saw lots of cursing, quick stabs, stabbed quicks and nail polish that looked like it had been applied in the dark by a chimp wearing boxing gloves. This was something I was kind of resigned to for life, and instead I'm looking forward to a summer of blingy toenail art now, rhinestones and all. Bring it on :)

You go girl, that is awesome!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    fantastic. nice post
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    I'm still learning the lingo here. What does NSV stand for? Sorry for it being a dumb question.
  • srhenderson85
    srhenderson85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning the lingo here. What does NSV stand for? Sorry for it being a dumb question.

Not a dumb question!

And as "Non-Scale Victories" go this is a huge one that I am looking forward to as well! Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!