What should I do about dinner???

Options
I have 681 calories left for today and limited ingredients. I need helpful ideas for tonight's dinner. I have no meat. Well only ground beef, but that's my step dad's and I don't even like red meat. I do have spring salad mix, cucumbers, can tuna, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, quinoa, cilantro, eggs and lime...I need help! I can't go grocery shopping until payday, on Friday.

I have that many calories left over because I finished my workout and it bumped my calories back up.

Replies

• chellechelle38
    chellechelle38 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    not sure... everything your naming are low in calories... I run into that problem also..do you have bread,peanut butter etc...cereal
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    Oh, I completely forgot! I have flower tortillas, whole wheat bread, and whole wheat sourdough. I do have peanut butter.
  • egunadi
    Options
    you can make tuna / egg salad if you have mayonaise
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Add some sort of full fat salad dressing or make one with a nice oil.
  • MBCook2
    MBCook2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I WISH I had that problem...1290 per day feels like starvation & I'm usually hungry. But that's not what you asked... I was going to suggest the same as the previous poster. Maybe a peanut butter sandwich. Or full fat cheese & crackers with some of the veggies you mentioned??
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    I had a tuna salad for lunch, is it okay to eat more then one can of tuna a day?
  • jdrzal
    jdrzal Posts: 21
    Options
    Roasted veggie quinoa bowl.

Mix the veggies you have with olive oil or pray some pam on them, add salt and pepper and/or any other spices you have. Roast with qunioa at 400 degrees for 25 mins and garnish with cilantro. :)

Good luck! I hate waiting til pay day and not having a clue what to make. But this is yummy and will fill you up!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with oil or butter (do you have either)? Peanut butter sauces on veggies? If you have butter, put it or the peanut butter on the bread. (No ice cream? What a bummer. This would have been a good time to have dessert. :cry: ) Enjoy!
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    My limit is 1200 calories a day, but my problem is I get so busy during the day that I forget to eat! I'll try that! My other problem is my niece and step dad LOVE my cooking. So they would want me to make them something too. I'm fine with that since I love to cook, but I want to make sure I make something good for everyone. I might just have to make them find for themselves tonight though haha.
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    Holy cow, that quinoa dish sounds so good! Might try something like that. I do have butter and olive oil.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat back all of your exercise calories. Try just eating half of them back.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had a tuna salad for lunch, is it okay to eat more then one can of tuna a day?

I hope not. It's one of the few things that seem to give me enough protein without so much fat. I would make a kinda quinoa tabohlah. Chopped cilantro, quinoa, olive oil, sea salt and tuna.
  • jdrzal
    jdrzal Posts: 21
    Options
    Holy cow, that quinoa dish sounds so good! Might try something like that. I do have butter and olive oil.

Its amazing! Good luck & enjoy your dinner! :)
  • oceanheart_magicsoul
    Options
    You guys are all such great help! Thank you!