I need help with clothes!

PibblesRun
PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
It has been about 4 years since I have been in my size 5's. Got a while to go yet but decided to get them out and go through them. Since I have worn them (at ages 22-26) I have turned 30 in December...and have a little girl who will be 1 in March! SOOO...I figured there are alot of things that are not appropriate for me anymore. I got rid of SO many clothes :sad: Clothes that were too juvenile for me now, like shirts with words, pants with rips and holes (on purpose) way too revealing clubbing type clothes etc...Now that I have put myself in a BAD mood because Im getting older and its just hit me...im not in my 20's anymore! Because I see all those size 5's and HATE that I let myself gain so much weight...and because I had to get rid of so many clothes I loved so much at one time. But we all get older and have to let go of those too young styles eventually.

Now my dilemma is...I have NO clue how to dress, whats in style, where the heck to shop??? Help!! Whats sexy but still conservative for a 30 yo mom...what stores do I shop at that are reasonably priced? Dress me please!

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Why can't you wear what you used to wear? I'm 31 and married to a man who always taught me you are only as old as you FEEL. I just wore an awesome godzilla shirt the other day. Seriously....who sets these standards to "dress our age"? You only live once. Wear whatever the hell you want. :drinker:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    P.S. nothing wrong with club clothes. :happy: lol! If you really want to find some good ideas, try out Pinterest. :flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Why can't you wear what you used to wear? I'm 31 and married to a man who always taught me you are only as old as you FEEL. I just wore an awesome godzilla shirt the other day. Seriously....who sets these standards to "dress our age"? You only live once. Wear whatever the hell you want. :drinker:

I wear comic book character tee shirts on a regular occasion.

nerdsrule-434.jpg
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    theyre very very revealing shirts! I dont want to wear that stuff around my daughter, when she gets old enough to know whats what. And I dont have anywhere to wear them now anyway, we dont go out anymore because we have a child now...cant wear that stuff grocery shopping, id look pretty silly, especially with a 1 year old in tow, and me with my boobs and bellly hanging out..lol
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    I rocked my concert t-shirt yesterday. I'm 50. As long as it's not inappropriate for the situation (a bikini in church - no) it's not inappropriate clothing. Age has nothing to do with it, it's whether the style looks good on you and the fit is good. Personally I think something 'stylish' is much better than something that is simply 'in style'
  • ceejay2568
    ceejay2568 Posts: 1 Member
    I totally understand where you are coming from you need some practible clothing, it will depend on what you like to wear but my advice is to go and look in a few clothing stores and online. Maybe go for some capri pants, and a few dressy t-shirts or blouses. There are also some really pretty dresses around. But i think if you keep practible somethings can be dressed up with wearing heel and then down with wearing flats.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Belk has really classy and chic clothing for every age group- I actually prefer their women's clothing opposed to what can be found in the Juniors department. I think there's nothing better than a dark skinny jean, a low heeled boot (comfy) and a tailored and well fitting blouse. it's a classic look and very sexy without being hoochie-mama. source: my closet