IBS

Options
This is really awkward for me but I am miserable. I am eating mostly fruits and vegs. I am drinking at least 8 cups of water but usually lots more. I am also using 3T of flax seed in the morning and 3T at night. And I still can't go to the bathroom!!!! Please help!

Replies

• manderpander22
    Options
    I feel your pain! I hope you are eating more than just fruits and vegetables? You need balanced meals from all food groups. I notice my IBS flares up when I don't eat healthy meals, balanced meals. Have you tried Benefiber? My GI docs have recommended it and I have had good luck with it.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    There are all natural, herbal teas that help with this too. My friend calls it her poop tea, LOL. I don't know the name of hers in particular but you can easily find them at the grocery stores. Hope this helps. It does make you feel miserable when your system isn't working right.
    Risa
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I usually have the opposite problem with my IBS but have you tried chia seeds instead and maybe prunes in the morning or applesauce. As long as I stay away from too much cheese I do pretty good.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you using ground flax seed? I think it needs to be ground to be digested by those of us with tricky systems...
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Also, Yogi brand tea makes a tea called "Get Regular." It helps a lot, but you shouldn't use it for prolonged time periods, or your body will "need" it...
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What works best for me when I'm kinda stopped up is to get in a really long line at Costco, sans shopping cart, holding a hot baked chicken. That guarantees the works will suddenly need to uncork...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    What works best for me when I'm kinda stopped up is to get in a really long line at Costco, sans shopping cart, holding a hot baked chicken. That guarantees the works will suddenly need to uncork...
    :tongue:
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    :tongue:

That is so true!!!! Why of why!!!! Thank you everyone for your help. I have pretty much tried everything but the teas. Do they not taste awful?