10 kilos lost...but gained so much more PHOTOS

Options
388gigi
388gigi Posts: 485 Member
While I've been on this health "journey" for over 2 years now...I am still not where I want to be. Still not at my goal. I thought today I would look back at what I HAVE done, rather than what I haven't. It's been a bumpy road, but I can safely say that it is a LIFESTYLE now. And I love it!

Gtimeline_zps241d990a.png

I've Lost 10 Kilos
I try to not focus on the scales a lot of the time, even before I was trying to become fitter and sexier. So I don't know exactly how much I weighed before I started. I reckon I've lost max 10 kilos and I know for a fact that I've lost at least 7.

The number on the scale doesn't reflect any where near as much progress as the clothes you wear or the measuring tape. However, knowing that I have lost somewhere around 10 kilos makes me feel AWESOME! I would like to lose another 4-6kg, although at the end of the day I care more about my body fat %. I am currently around 24% and would love to be 15-17%.

I Never Knew I Could Be This Fit
When I first started this journey it was the 5th of January 2011. That was the date I had planned about 6 months in advance to quit smoking. What I hadn't planned was the health changes that were about to come. The first week of not smoking I ended up taking my dog for 2 or 3 walks a day - to try keep any boredom at bay since I knew that was the biggest trigger for a smoke. Then I discovered C25K (Couch to 5k). I had never ran before...not farther than 200 meters or so. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to breathe now that the cigarettes were starting to leave my system! And so it went on.
I started to amp up my morning workouts. I had been a member of a gym for about 6 months before Jan 2011, but I was never consistent. Never pushed myself. TBH, it was pathetic!
I added gym classes in the evenings that I wasn't doing C25k.
I completed the City to Surf fun run (14kms)
I started NROL4W (New Rules of Lifting for Women - Lift like a man, look like a goddess)

It took about 12 months of being on MFP and training to REALLY start pushing myself and REALLY enjoying it.

Now I exercise at least 5 days a week. Most weeks its 6 days. Not just that, it's meaningful exercise. I burn at least 500 calories each time...sometimes going over 1000. And that's not all....I LOVE IT!! I can't live without it. I couldn't imagine my life without it. Now that is CHANGE!

I am HEALTHY
Not only have I seen changes in my body; smaller hips, skinnier face, 2 sizes down in pants, 1 size down in tops, smaller boobs (poo). I can see so much more:

I am happier.
My IBS is no where near as severe, in fact it's nearly non existent.
My hair is longer and healthier than it has ever been in my life. As with my nails.
I sleep well.
I rarely get sick.
I have a better understanding of what is good and what isn't for my body.
I choose better products.
My skin is clearer.
My eyes are shinier.
The list honestly goes on and on...

face_zps7e11996f.png
^^ Face comparison

So this post goes out to anyone who wants to make a change or is changing. No matter how big or small your goals may be. Change can happen. It's hard. It takes a lot of effort, but it is worth it. YOU are worth it. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I have fallen off the wagon. I know I will again. That doesn't matter. The number 1 tip for making a change is to ALWAYS get back up. No matter how hard and deep down you fell. Get back up and start where you left off.

I can't wait until I get to my goals....but for now, I am happy!

ps. I haven't touched a cigarette since 4th January 2011 :-)

Replies

• erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    I dare anyone to read your story and NOT come away smiling! Your happiness just seeps through the computer screen... :)

Great job on the weight loss, but an even bigger "CONGRATULATIONS" on finding your joy, so to say. Best of luck to you in the future!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yay for my girl G! You are looking sooooo amazing nowadays, its just almost UNREAL! you are a rockstar! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Your hard work and perseverance has pai off! Thanks for the reminder of not giving up even when you stumble!
  • 388gigi
    Options
    Yay for my girl G! You are looking sooooo amazing nowadays, its just almost UNREAL! you are a rockstar! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've been inspired by the best Cheri!! :-)
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Its one post that truly touched my inner-self.... that feel good one!! Amazing and very very inspiring. Love it!!

I always wanted to lose weight and look slim...even if it meant being skinny fat....also, i never had confidence that i can attain flat abs or a perfect fit look.... but off late, by looking at MFP posts..i am changing my mind-set and want to lose fat and not weight (weight loss can be muscle loss too ) ..

Reading ur post added fuel to my thoughts and at this moment, my inner ME says...jus do it gal... no matter how long it takes.... Be FIT....Not Just SLIM..

thanks a ton.... u made my day!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look very fit and healthy. Well done!
  • 388gigi
    Options
    Its one post that truly touched my inner-self.... that feel good one!! Amazing and very very inspiring. Love it!!

I always wanted to lose weight and look slim...even if it meant being skinny fat....also, i never had confidence that i can attain flat abs or a perfect fit look.... but off late, by looking at MFP posts..i am changing my mind-set and want to lose fat and not weight (weight loss can be muscle loss too ) ..

Reading ur post added fuel to my thoughts and at this moment, my inner ME says...jus do it gal... no matter how long it takes.... Be FIT....Not Just SLIM..

I love that I made such an impression!!

Have you started weight training as yet? Definitely start now if you haven't :-)
  • 388gigi
    Options
    You look very fit and healthy. Well done!
    Amazing!! Your hard work and perseverance has pai off! Thanks for the reminder of not giving up even when you stumble!

thank you ladies :-)
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options

I love that I made such an impression!!

Have you started weight training as yet? Definitely start now if you haven't :-)

Not yet..am still with bit of Cardio, and bit of Kettlebell Swings ... I have fallen off the wagon an year back and its only since 10 days that I am focusing on my journey again..... I am currently in the process of tuning my body for the Change and will get at weight training sooner :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!